Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to convert a txt file to xml file Post 302347104 by Hemantgupta84 on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 12:54:56 AM
Old 08-25-2009
Thanks for ur help blitzer..

Its working fine.

but i need to add "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>" line before documentbody tag.

Can you help me in this also.

Thanks and Regards
Hemant

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help To convert xml file to text file using bourn shell scripts

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> <country_code>AK></country_code>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML file into TEXT file using PERL seript

Dear Yogesh..."Convert XML file into TEXT file using PERL seript"... can u help me regarding this issue...plz Thanks Rudro (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rudro
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert a txt file to xls file

How to convert a txt file(tab delimiter) to xls file. Looking forward help. Thanks, Venkatesh. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert a txt file to .xls file

i want to convert a comma seprated file into a .xls file the file contains 3 fields seprated by a comma. i want to convert it into a .xls file with 3 columns and 37 rows DPRPT400,01/15/2009-15:03:06,01/15/2009-15:03:08 DPRPT401,01/15/2009-15:03:15,01/15/2009-15:03:32... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manit
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL:How to convert numeric values txt file to PACKED DECIMAL File?

Is there any way to convert numeric values txt file to PACKED DECIMAL File using PERL. Regards, Alok (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aloktiwary
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a .log file into .txt file under unix??

Hi Friends, I have a .log file generated from a tool(Windows PC) which can be opened using a notepad, but when I tried to view the file in unix (cygwin on my laptop) the file type is showing as binary file, So I am unable to process the file. I need to extract some of the selected text... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the .txt file between two strings in XML file

Hi i am having XML file with many number of lines,I need to replace between two strings with .txt file using awk. For ex <PersonInfoShipTo ------------------------------ /> My requirement is to replace the content between <PersonInfoShipTo ------------------------------ /> help me. Thanks... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot convert this .pages file to a .txt file?!?

I'm trying to use the textutil feature in terminal to convert this .pages file to a .txt file. I've succeeded converting other files like .doc or .docx over to a .txt but this one in particular is giving me headache. I changed the permission rights to 755 but I don't think that mattered to begin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syregnar86
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert CSV file to nested XML file using UNIX/PERL?

we have a CSV which i need to convert to XML using Perl or Unix shell scripting. I was able to build this XML in oracle database. However, SQL/XML query is running for long time. Hence, I'm considering to write a Perl or shell script to generate this XML file. Basically need to build this XML... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert a txt file to a CSV file

Hi , I have a Txt file which consist of 1000's of SOAP request and response and i want the file to be converted to a csv file like column a should have a soap request and column b should have the soap response . can someone assist me in achieving this please ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarm8
2 Replies
acl_get_qualifier(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      acl_get_qualifier(3)

NAME
acl_get_qualifier - Retrieves the tag qualifier (ID) for an ACL entry LIBRARY
Security Library (libpacl.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/acl.h> void * acl_get_qualifier( acl_entry_t entry_d); PARAMETERS
Designates the working storage internal representation ACL entry to retrieve the tag qualifier from. DESCRIPTION
NOTE: This function is based on Draft 13 of the POSIX P1003.6 standard. The acl_get_qualifier() function retrieves ACL entry tag qualifier, which is the user or group ID associated with the entry. If the entry tag type is ACL_USER, a *uid_t is returned. If the tag type is ACL_GROUP, a *gid_t is returned. For all other tag types, NULL is returned. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the acl_get_qualifier() function returns a pointer to the ACL entry tag qualifier. Otherwise, a value of NULL is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_get_qualifier() function sets errno to the corresponding value: Argument entry_d does not refer to a valid ACL entry. The value of the tag type in ACL entry referred to by entry_d is ACL_USER_OBJ, ACL_GROUP_OBJ, or ACL_OTHER_OBJ. RELATED INFORMATION
acl_create_entry(3), acl_free_qualifier(3), acl_get_entry(3), acl_get_tag_type(3), acl_set_qualifier(3), acl_set_tag_type(3) Security delim off acl_get_qualifier(3)