Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers character displayed incorrectly by ftp Post 302346932 by chipcmc on Monday 24th of August 2009 12:36:08 PM
Old 08-24-2009
You can probe to look locale valors if is a frech serv maybe yo need to use fr_FR.iso88591. And you can see the properties of your terminal manage (gnometerminal,putty, etc...) this aplications can be configure to.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Hostname displays incorrectly

hiii, in many of the linux machines i have tried this but the result is the same everywhere. if there are double letters in a hostname then that is displayed as single letter. e.g. if hostname is set to nepttune then login into the shell will display : NEPTUNE(admin)@/ $ hostname... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PATH variable set incorrectly?

I've noted that in order to use commands like ifconfig, I have to prefix the commands with the directory. /etc/profile shows that the paths should be part of the PATH environment variable; any idea where the bug is? :confused: # /etc/profile # System wide environment and startup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jon80
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Totals in a file - incorrectly displaying

Afternoon, I have a script which creates/modifies data into a formatted csv. The trailer record should display 2 columns, the first is a static entry of "T" to identify it as a trailer record. The 2nd is a total of amounts in a column throughout the entire file. My total isn't displaying... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp:Password field is displayed

I am trying to get a file by doing ftp to the server. The below script works fine but as I type password it is displayed as simple text. HOST='192.108.245.101' echo 'username: ' read USER echo 'password:' read PASSWD ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD lcd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Issue with Non ascii character

I have one file .dat file on windows server containg the following text "Bürki" Now When I am using FTP (get) command from UNIX server the text is appering is as "Bürki" I want to preserve the text in the file on UNIX server as it is in source file. Could you please suggest some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhushan D
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strings comparing incorrectly

Hello I'm very new to Linux and shell scripting so I only know basic stuff. I'm making a script with the purpose of finding the longest string or word in a file. Here's what I got so far: #!/bin/bash longest="" for i in $(strings -n $1); do if ] then longest=$i fi done echo $longest... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCB
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Incorrectly using 'ls' in if/then alias

I have an alias defined in which I wish to print the contents of a specific directory using 'ls' based on the if/then condition. The if/then conditions are being correctly evaluated, and the 'ls <path>' result is correct (tested directly in a terminal) although for some reason it seems the 'ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coldcoffeecup
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp to directory with special character

Hi. I need a help in fixing the issue related to FTP files to directory name has special character. ftp -n machinename <<EOF > ftplog.lis user login name password cd home/directory - 1/destinantion put filename bye EOF In the ftplog.lis, I am seeing a error message like home.directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hebrew character convert error while put thru ftp

Hi all , i have a script which cp xml files from linux to other server thru ftp my xml file contains charcters in hebrew . my script is #!/bin/bash HOST="....." USER="....." PASSWORD="..." cd /usr2/app/naama/ filelist='find . -mmin -60 | tail -n +2 | awk -F "/" '{print $2}' | grep xml'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ls incorrectly says file not found in sftp.

Hi all When I sftp to an Oracle cloud server, to a folder where there are more than 10k files, and list a small subset of files, it works OK. When I try list more than 10k files, it says file not found. Example output below. (FYI ls/mget with 6k files works OK on this server) Has anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdinsdale
3 Replies
gnome-session-properties(1)					   User Commands				       gnome-session-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-session-properties - configure GNOME sessions SYNOPSIS
gnome-session-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME sessions preference tool enables you to manage your sessions. You can set session preferences, and specify which applications to start when you start a session. You can configure sessions to save the state of applications on your desktop, and to restore the state when you start another session. You can also use this preference tool to manage multiple GNOME sessions. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the gnome-session-properties tool example% gnome-session-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-session-properties Executable for gnome-session-properties ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-session | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-control-center(1), gnome-session(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 09 Nov 2007 gnome-session-properties(1)