Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How can I manage redundant HMC upgrades with firmware upgrades? Post 302346928 by homeyjoe on Monday 24th of August 2009 12:14:03 PM
Old 08-24-2009
Yes you have to upgrade the HMC(s) before doing the managed system's firmware upgrade.

Once one HMC is upgraded you should be able to do the firmware update but why wouldn't you want to upgrade the 2nd HMC? Going to V7R3.4 SP2 isn't very difficult if I remember correctly.

HTH

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware Upgrades..

Quick question would it effect Linux if I upgraded my Ram from 128RD Ram to 256RDRAM (I'm going to simply pop in a second 128 RAM chip)...would I need to change any configuration options etc or would Linux detect all this with no problem? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PravusMentis
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RedHat remote upgrades

Is there an easy (and safe) way to upgrade RedHat versions remotely? I know the difference between 7.2 and 7.3 is just a bunch of newer .rpm file versions. Or is there more? Do I have to boot the CD and choose upgrade? What if I'm 100 miles from the server and would like to avoid traveling there?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkiMage
1 Replies

3. SuSE

Linux(Suse) Upgrades

Hello, Anyone out there deal with updating OS on linux servers remotely? We use Suse but like to hear what someone else does with any linux version. We have network connectivity to our remote locations but it's just a DSL connection, so some will be fast and some will be slow. Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benefactr
1 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Solaris 10 and live upgrades

two articles related to live upgrades that i found useful and noteworthy. Solaris 10 5/08 Live Upgrade Gotcha :: Col’s Tech Stuff Solaris Live Upgrade and Patches :: Col’s Tech Stuff (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

5. AIX

HMC upgrades

Hey!!! Has anyone done HMC patch installation remotely? I would love to know if that would be possible. I have been doing through CD/DVD but hate to do the additional work of finding someone in the DC and sending him the CD's. I have seen the option to supply remote site. can that be helpful?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

6. AIX

Need to confirm something regarding TL upgrades

Hi everyone, My current AIX OS level is "7100-01-06-1241" and I am planning to upgrade it to " 7100-02-03 ". Can i directly upgrade it to "7100-02-03" from 7100-01-06" ? or first i need to upgrade the "7100-01-06" LPAR to TL 02 and then reboot and then upgrade it to TL 02 SP03 ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Phase III: CSS Flexbox Upgrades

On my never ending quest to get rid of table tags and make the site responsive for all device sizes, I plan to use CSS Flexbox with jQuery. I tried using Bootstrap Flex and CSS Grids, but none of these worked as easy and clean as CSS Flexbox. For example, today I changed the top header area... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Discussion (Thread) Tagging Upgrades

Dear All, I have made significant progress coding new discussion thread tagging features. As always, we want all users to tag thread and moderators to tag threads with relevant keywords. Moving forward, in addition to the #1 important "human tagging", we will also auto tag threads with one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding sysv init script is available. As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade). This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case. OPTIONS
--restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)