Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding a Fileinput loop to exsiting script. Post 302346898 by chipcmc on Monday 24th of August 2009 10:43:29 AM
Old 08-24-2009
Example for loop that print all the files insede directory /ERD/iface/data/ocom/citi/idd
Code:
for name_file in `ls /ERD/iface/data/ocom/citi/idd`
do
   echo $name_file
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

adding variables for, for loop

I have a structure which contains n number of elements. For example: stFruits : apple, grapes, strawberry, pear, kiwi, melon, papaya, mango, orange, sweetlime ..... etc Now i have to write a for loop as follows: int i; int j; j=stFruits.apple+stFruits.grapes+stFruits.pear+.... and so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding values with a loop

Hi there, I am checking disk spaced used on a box # df -k | grep dsk | awk {'print $3'} 2055463 20165785 18310202 32274406 I want to somehow add them up but am no quite sure how to do this in a loop. ...i.e for n in 'df -k | grep dsk | awk {'print $3}' do <some adding... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing a for loop adding up the results

Hi there If I run a 'swap -l' on my solaris box, i get swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s1 54,65 8 67119560 65655144 /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s2 54,65 8 33119522 32655122 I wanted to run a for loop adding up the totals of each column 4 , excluding the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding string variable dynamically in for loop

Hi, I need to generate the text name dynamically in for loop, ex, VAR_COPY_FILE1= file path 1 VAR_COPY_FILE2= file path 2 VAR_COPY_FILE3= file path 3 for i in 1 2 3 do if then "do some process here" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msubash26
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding counter to a variable while moving in a loop

The scenario is like this : I need to read records from a file one by one and increment counter1, if a certain field matches with a number say "40"..the script should increment the counter2 and also extract a corresponding field from the same line and adding them one by one and redirecting the the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed: Adding columns in csv file in loop

Hi Everyone: My shell script creates multiple csv files (~30) in for loop. I want to compile (or merge) 3rd column from each (all) of these files to another file (in loop). Please help. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smap007
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a while loop to my script

I have a script below that goes to the given directory and plays the newest powerpoint presentation via powerpoint viewer and wine. So far it works perfectly but now Id like to add a while statement to essentially run find /ticker/powerpointshare -mmin -1 -type f -iname "*.ppt" and if it finds a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: adding commas in for loop

Dear Experts I think this is possibly the easiest thing. but I am not able to solve: I need comma to be added to end of each line echo'd. But does not want it to be added to last line. I have a script which does some data analysis and creates a command as in below code snippet for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding one more column in a loop

data1 1 0.01 3 5 1 0.6 2 1 data2 2 0.02 3 5 2 0.3 2 1 data3 3 0.01 3 5 3 0.01 2 1 output 1 0.01 data1 2 0.02 data2 3 0.01 data3 3 0.01 data3 I want to print 1st, 2nd column and the filename when second column is less than 5. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Adding one counter loop at the end of each line in a file

Hello All, I have file a.txt I want to add a counter loop at the end of each line in a file ill explain: i have a site h**p://test.test=Elite#1 i want to add a a counter to the number at the end of the file, that it will be like this urlLink//test.test=Elite#1 urlLink//test.test=Elite#2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexsus
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)                                                 Debhelper                                                DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)