Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to attach an excel file in a multipart (mime) mail Post 302346683 by defk3000 on Sunday 23rd of August 2009 08:54:34 PM
Old 08-23-2009
Install Perl and the module MIME::Lite. Then you can just build your message and add the attachment with the correct mime information to be sent out.
It would really only take a couple of lines and give you the ability to write some code with flexibility to use in other situations.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to attach a file in mail?

Hi, I want to know how to send a mail in unix using mailx or mail or sendmail to send a mail with a file attached. I have read the answers from the other threads but I still don't understand. I want to do it in the command line as well as in script. Can anyone help? DO I need to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach an excel file/ dat file thru unix mails

Hi. I want to attach a .xls or .dat file while sending mail thru unix. I have come across diff attachments sending options, but allthose embeds the content in the mail. I want the attachement to be send as such. Please help me out. regards Diwakar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diwakar82
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to attach a txt file while sending mail

Hi, I need to attach a txt file while sending mail thru Unix. Please help me out in this.. -Charan. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file & send mail thru script

In shell script how can I attach a file and send a mail. suppose if I written like the following way usr/bin/mail 'subject" "mail_id" < file. a mail goes to the mail-id with the content of file.But I want the file to be atttached to the mail.How can I get it.is there any way for this. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file in Linux mail command

How to attach a file in Linux mail command Hi Guys, Is there any way to attach a file in Linux mail command without using "uuencode"? i.e. Code: file=/a/b/c/d/file.txtmail -s "Giga aks" abc@123.com <<HDoc`uuencode $file $file 2>/dev/null`HDoc Here, I don;t want to use 'uuencode'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to attach file to mail

Hello, I have a .dat file containing one line. I need a script to read that line and make it part of the body and send a mail... Let's say the line is $line. I need the script to send a mail with the body "The last disposal feed is $line". Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfetea
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MIME - HTML mail with Excel attachment - Please help!

#!/bin/ksh ( echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=frontier" echo "--frontier" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo "Content-Disposition: inline" echo "\n" echo "<html><body><h1>this is html formatted text</h1></body></html>" echo "--frontier" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach multiple file to send mail command

Hi, i want color effect on mail as well as multiple attachment.I have code but this code is used for single attachment. I am unable to attach more than one file.:wall: I want to send two attachments -ahmed.csv and ahmed1.csv . Sample content: <html> <body> <b> Hi...</b> </body> </html> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - how to send attach excel in mail

Hi Experts, i need your help here :confused: Need to send a report thru mail using unix shell script(AIX). can you help me to do this? . i tried "uuencode" with CSV format, but while reading report all values are in single column. i need each column values in separate cell. Thanks in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbieabc
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Construct and Send Multipart MIME Mail

Hi, I have requirment in shell script to incorporate multipart email with both html and text. Here am giving the text version. From: any@email.com To: your@email.com Subject: Success Execution - $company - Apps PO File Report Apps PO File Report Summary: #APPS Purchase... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLMIME(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLMIME(1)

NAME
dh_installmime - install mime files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installmime [debhelperoptions] [-n] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmime is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing mime files into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm commands needed to interface with the debian mime-support and shared-mime-info packages. These commands are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb(1). FILES
debian/package.mime Installed into usr/lib/mime/packages/package in the package build directory. debian/package.sharedmimeinfo Installed into /usr/share/mime/packages/package.xml in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2012-09-10 DH_INSTALLMIME(1)