Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change of group to different users Post 302346671 by vgersh99 on Sunday 23rd of August 2009 07:09:42 PM
Old 08-23-2009
To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags [code] and [/code] by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding users to /etc/group

I'm using SAM to add users on an HP and they're adding fine. But in /etc/group it only lists the group names. It's not adding the users in there. Is there a way to have them put in there without going into SAM and modifying the group and adding them? I guess what I want to happen is when I add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golfhakker
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change a users primary group after login

When users login, they are directed to menu (aix script). The menu enables the user to choose an environment to work in. Each environment has a different group id. When a user chooses a menu option, I want to change his primary group to that specific environment's group id. Is this at all possible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrym
3 Replies

3. AIX

Max users in a group ?

Hi All, Does anyone know if there is a maximum limit to the number of users that can be assigned to a group. I currently have on a production server 900+ users in 1 group. I know some of these users are no longer valid as we only have 500 employees and not all employees use this application. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anmiller
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH for a group of users ?

Hi, Can any one tell me is it possible to setup private key public key pairing(SSH ) for a group of users , instead of setting it up for individual users ? Eg: Say i have 3 users A,B and C and i want the users to connect to SERVER1. instead of generating public private keys for each user , is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepusunil
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How can i allow only a group of users in NIS?

Hello experts. I am using Solaris10. How can i allow a group of users, remaining should be deny. Thanx in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diffferentiate group from users

Im trying to put all the groups in into a variable called $GROUP, however in /etc/group there are also lotsa users. And the GID of group can differ as it can be set, this there is no specific range, how can i put all the names of the groups into that variable? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplate07
3 Replies

7. Programming

to obtain users of each group in c

Hello They have ordered to me that makes several small utilities in C/C++ for the servants, among them a small program in C/C++ to generate a file HTML with the groups of that servant and in addition that is the corresponding users of that group. For example of a group: Group: Sys Members:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybermeis
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

users per group

hi guys I am trying to display a list of groups and the respective users: Group1 : user1 user2 user3 .... the closest thing I get is echo " "; echo "Group Users "; echo " "; cat /etc/group |grep | grep -v nfswhich I really don't since I want to remove the other stuff like x : and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
4 Replies

9. Solaris

To restrict the users not to change the passwords for NIS users

Hi All, How to restrict the NIS users not to change their passwords in for NIS users?? and my NIS user is unable to login to at client location what could be the problem for this ? Any body can help me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharath Kumar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

users and groups /etc/group parsing

Hi, I have two little issues: 1) there is possible in sh to create a function who return a boolean value? 2)i have to verify if an user belongs to a group and i think it is needed to create a function which take two parameter and return a boolean value. in fact i have to parse /etc/group... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalint
5 Replies
BLAZE-LIST(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						     BLAZE-LIST(1)

NAME
blaze-list - lists blog posts or pages in the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-list [-cpqrsCPSV] [-b directory] [-I id] [-a author] [-t title] [-T tag] [-d day] [-m month] [-y year] [-n number] blaze-list -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-list lists existing blog posts or pages in the BlazeBlogger repository. Additionally, it can also display basic repository statistics. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -I id, --id id Allows you to display a single blog post or a page with the specified id. -a author, --author author Allows you to list blog posts or pages by the selected author. -t title, --title title Allows you to list blog posts or pages with matching title. -T tag, --tag tag Allows you to list blog posts or pages with matching tag. -d day, --day day Allows you to list blog posts or pages from the specified day of a month. The value has to be in the "DD" form. -m month, --month month Allows you to list blog posts or pages from the specified month. The value has to be in the "MM" form. -y year, --year year Allows you to list blog posts or pages from the specified year. The value has to be in the "YYYY" form. -n number, --number number Allows you to specify a number of blog posts or pages to be listed. -p, --page Tells blaze-list to list pages. -P, --post Tells blaze-list to list blog posts. This is the default option. -S, --stats Tells blaze-list to display statistics. -s, --short Tells blaze-list to display each blog post or page information on a single line. -r, --reverse Tells blaze-list to display blog posts or pages in reverse order. -c, --color Enables colored output. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -C, --no-color Disables colored output. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. EXAMPLE USAGE
List all blog post: ~]$ blaze-list ID: 11 | 2010-07-05 | Jaromir Hradilek Title: Join #blazeblogger on IRC Tags: announcement ID: 10 | 2009-12-16 | Jaromir Hradilek Title: Debian and Fedora Packages Tags: announcement etc. List all blog post in reverse order: ~]$ blaze-list -r ID: 1 | 2009-02-10 | Jaromir Hradilek Title: BlazeBlogger 0.7.0 Tags: release ID: 2 | 2009-02-11 | Jaromir Hradilek Title: BlazeBlogger 0.7.1 Tags: release etc. List all pages: ~]$ blaze-list -p ID: 5 | 2009-02-10 | Jaromir Hradilek Title: Downloads ID: 4 | 2009-02-10 | Jaromir Hradilek Title: Themes etc. List each blog post on a single line: ~]$ blaze-list -s ID: 11 | 2010-07-05 | Join #blazeblogger on IRC ID: 10 | 2009-12-16 | Debian and Fedora Packages etc. Display a short version of blog statistics: ~]$ blaze-list -Ss There is a total number of 11 blog posts and 5 pages in the repository. SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-LIST(1)