Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Port status/Running daemon
Operating Systems Solaris Port status/Running daemon Post 302346624 by JVerstry on Sunday 23rd of August 2009 01:36:01 PM
Old 08-23-2009
I have added code tags. Sorry.

Thanks for the help, I am investigating further with the system administrator.

JVerstry

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

daemon running in AIX checking

how do u check if a daemon is running in AIX.. Is it ps -ef|grep daemon lssrc -s demon ??? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix port status

disregard solved (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
0 Replies

3. AIX

how to check status of various services and port?

How can i check which service is activated on my AIX Box? how one can check particular port is open or not (like ftp/telnet port)? I dont have admin rights (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to detect port open status?

I write a script which will stop an application, then restart it. Sometimes it is succesful, sometimes not. The problem is, when stop the application, some ports are still listenning (or not released). When start the application, it reports that ports are used, and can't continues. I use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdcwayx
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Checking the port status of a remote host

Hi there I am in the process of writing a script to check whether a port on a remote system is up or not. Here's what I have so far: #!/bin/bash telnet xx.xx.xx.xx 80 | (echo "^]") if ]; then echo "Please check Web services " | mailx -s "Please check webservices... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in the daemon running script

Hi I was going through one of my pjct script .Please let me know the logic for the deamon is running or not as i think the condtn should be vice-versa. daemon_list = 'idp1278' FAIL=0 for p in ${daemon_list} do fail=0 ps -fu workarea | grep ${p} > /dev/null 2>&1 if ] then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
1 Replies

7. Programming

Getting TCP Port status through C API

Does anyone know if there is a C API call to get the status of a TCP port? As opposed to running netstat and parsing the results. At the moment I have to attempt to bind() and pick up on the address in use error which isn't very elegant Thanks ---------- Post updated at 10:42 AM ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: janra
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle process running as user daemon

Hi, When process listing, I came across a process running as user daemon. daemon 23576 23574 0 07:32:04 ? 0:07 oracle (DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq))) root 27526 27444 1 07:38:43 ttyp5 0:00 grep 23574 why a process runs as user daemon, when it should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
3 Replies

9. AIX

Alert: Network Status Monitor daemon (rpcstat) is not running

Hi I am currently testing SCOM2012 on my AIX systems for monitoring. I tested it on 3 systems and immediately i got the following errors: Alert: Network Status Monitor daemon (rpcstat) is not running Source: AIX 7.1 Path: (left blank) Last modified by: (left blank) Last modified time:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsabo40
3 Replies
RFCOMM_SPPD(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					    RFCOMM_SPPD(1)

NAME
rfcomm_sppd -- RFCOMM Serial Port Profile daemon SYNOPSIS
rfcomm_sppd [-bhtS] -a address -c channel DESCRIPTION
The rfcomm_sppd utility is a Serial Port Profile daemon. It can operate in two modes: client and server. In client mode, rfcomm_sppd opens RFCOMM connection to the specified address server and channel. Once connection is established, the rfcomm_sppd utility provides access to the server's remote serial port via stdin/stdout or via pts(4) interface if -t option was specified. If the -S option is specified, rfcomm_sppd will operate in server mode and act as RFCOMM server, listening on ANY address and advertising a virtual serial port via the sdpd(8) daemon. If -t options was specified, the server side of the virtual serial port is attached to a pseudo- terminal. Otherwise the virtual serial port is attached to the stdin/stdout. rfcomm_sppd should be run as root in order to communicate with sdpd(8) in this case. The rfcomm_sppd utility opens both master and slave pseudo terminals. This is done to ensure that RFCOMM connection stays open until rfcomm_sppd is terminated. The data received from the master pseudo terminal are sent over the RFCOMM connection. The data received from the RFCOMM connection are written into master pseudo terminal. The application in its turn opens the slave pseudo terminal and operates on it just like it would operate over the standard serial port. The options are as follows: -a address In client mode, this required option specifies the address of the remote RFCOMM server. If this option is specified in server mode, rfcomm_sppd will only accept connections from the Bluetooth device with address address. The address can be specified as BD_ADDR or name. If name was specified then rfcomm_sppd utility will attempt to resolve the name via bt_gethostbyname(3). -b Detach from the controlling terminal, i.e., run in background. -c channel In both client and server mode, this option specifies the RFCOMM channel to connect to or listen on. In server mode, the channel should be a number between 1 and 30. If not specified, rfcomm_sppd will try to bind to ``wildcard'' RFCOMM channel number. The actual RFCOMM channel will be obtained via getsockname(2) call and will be used to register Serial Port service with sdpd(8). In client mode, the channel could either be a number between 1 and 30 or a service name. Supported service names are: DUN (for DialUp Networking service), FAX (for Fax service), LAN (for LAN Access Using PPP service) and SP (for Serial Port service). If channel was not specified then rfcomm_sppd utility will try to obtain RFCOMM channel for Serial Port service via Service Discovery Protocol from the server. -h Display usage message and exit. -S Server mode; see DESCRIPTION. -t Use slave pseudo tty. If not set stdin/stdout will be used. This option is required if -b option was specified. FILES
/dev/pts/[num] slave pseudo terminals EXIT STATUS
The rfcomm_sppd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
rfcomm_sppd -a 00:01:02:03:04:05 -c 1 -t Will start the rfcomm_sppd utility and open RFCOMM connection to the server at 00:01:02:03:04:05 and channel 1. Once the connection has been established, a pts(4) can be used to talk to the remote serial port on the server. rfcomm_sppd prints the name of the pts(4) to use on std- out. SEE ALSO
bluetooth(3), ng_btsocket(4), pts(4), rfcomm_pppd(8), sdpd(8) AUTHORS
Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com> BUGS
Please report if found. BSD
April 21, 2008 BSD