Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can you run a unix script from a perl program Post 302346596 by durden_tyler on Sunday 23rd of August 2009 09:33:27 AM
Old 08-23-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightja24
is there a way whereby i can call the unix script from the perl program ?
Yes, you can use backticks (accent-graves) to run a Unix script/command etc. just like you do in the Bash shell. Or you can use the system command.

Check:

Code:
perldoc -f system

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

possible to run script to enter info within a program?

hi, I am new to Unix and script writing so I was wondering if this would be possible and how I might do it. I've learned to write a basic script and the first step I need to do is to open a program (for genetic linkage). The program then requires me to enter a lot of information. Sort of line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lianderthal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i run a program while in Unix?....

Im new and wanted to know if im in the unix terminal and lets say i want to run microsoft word for example. i go in and go into the HD and then keep going and i type ls and see that microsoft word.app is there. how do i run it from that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to run different files under the same program using shell script

suppose have different files 1.1 2.2 3.3 4.4 5.5 All the files have to run under the same command say tr -d '\n' so how to run all the files under the same command by using shell script (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell program in perl

Hello , I want to run some shell scripts in my perl script. I need to read the script's name from a file ( this file includes the name of all the scripts) and run the script one by one.. Please let me know how to go .. Thanks in advance, Radha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s123.radha
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process and run a program in the background in perl?

Hi, I have a query about processing and running Perl program at the background. I have HTML file called Userform.html which accepts input from the user. As soon as input is given the contol goes to get.cgi (get.cgi does some processing and computing tasks). Actually get .cgi takes more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
0 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Run Program from Bash CGI-Script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This is a problem I am having with my 2 semester senior project. I have a LAMP server running Ubuntu 9.10 with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JMooney5115
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script from Unix script

Hello Guys I have to run a perl script from unix one The reason for this is I have to connect to remote server and then execute the perl script. In unix script I am able to connect to remote server without any password via ssh ssh -o 'PasswordAuthentication yes' -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

count number of entries perl program or Unix script

Hi I have a file with number of entries name 1 123 name 1 345 name 1 65346 name2 3243 name2 24234 name 2 234234 so on ......... how to count total number of entries for name 1 and name2...and so on Please guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program to run a Shell script issues...

Hi all, I have the following Perl script which is intended to run a Shell script and generate some logging for the purposes of tracking weather or not the script ran. I get an error, of course, since I don't know what I'm doing really. Here is the code: #!/opt/perl/bin/perl -w ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)