Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting write script for more then 600 files Post 302346564 by prasson_ibm on Sunday 23rd of August 2009 04:28:38 AM
Old 08-23-2009
write script for more then 600 files

Hi,
i have 600 or more file on my server and from this 600 files i want to make one file. i have written this script

SPATH=/etlstg/DAT
TPATH=/etlstg/DAT/DAT_PROCESSED
FILE_DATE=`TZ=CST+24 date +20%y%m%d`
a1=0
while [ $a1 -le 9 ]
do
a2=0
while [ $a2 -le 9 ]
do
a3=0
while [ $a3 -le 9 ]
do
a4=0
while [ $a4 -le 9 ]
do
cat $SPATH/dat$FILE_DATE_*_[$a1][$a2][$a3][$a4]* >> $TPATH/dat$FILE_DATE.txt

a4=`echo $a4+1|bc`
done
a3=`echo $a3+1|bc`
done
a2=`echo $a2+1|bc`
done
a1=`echo $a1+1|bc`
done

This script seems to work fine, but i m not able to validated it

I also want to maintain a log where i can enter the file count. can anyone help me to modify this script???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with read/write Files

Hello, I am a Newbie in ksh Unix Script. So I must write a ksh/sh script who read character at a position in a File. So also it must read all the lines who belongs at these characters , then write these lines in a another File. Can you help me , or give little councils to advance with my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5.0.7 Cron creates files with 600, need 644

Hi, I've searched and read, and searched and read some more; but I'm still not connecting the dots or understanding what I need to change. I have a script that creates a file. If I run it as root, the file gets created with 644 permissions like I want. That seems to make sense (at least I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 65bit
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

write a script to compare two files

Hi all, i am new to unix,i have never worked on scripting and all,i am learning now and i have to write a script to compare two files. The requirement is like : in the first file i am searching for a word and after i get that word i have to select everything from the rest of the file and redirect... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
34 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a new file from 2 files as input to the script

Hi- I am hoping someone can give me some pointers to get me started. I have a file which contains some dn's .e.g file 1 cn=bob,cn=user,dc=com cn=kev,cn=user,dc=com cn=john,cn=user,dc=com I have a second file e.g. file.template which looks something like :- dn: <dn> objectclass:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not sure how to write a script to delete certain files?

I'm a total *nix newb so I really could use some help! :o I plan on running a cron job on my server that deletes some files and then backs up and emails the website for archival purposes. Before I get in too deep I'd like to remove some unnecessary files that phpThumb creates. I'm not sure... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sinistral
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a shell script for write files with 2 parameters

Hello, I'm a newbie in shell script. So, i would like to create a shell script which take 2 IN parameters (PARAM1 and PARAM2). This script need to create 2 files as : I need to create this file /etc/apache2/sites-available/PARAM2 : <VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot "/home/PARAM1/www"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatlumo
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a script for moving the log files to some other folder

Hi Experts, I want to write a script, based upon the following requirement 1) I am having 5 application $ cd logs $ ls -l drwxr-xr-x 2 natraj nat 5.0K Sep 20 10:25 one drwxr-xr-x 2 natraj nat 5.0K Sep 20 10:39 two drwxr-xr-x 2 natraj nat 1.5K Sep 20 10:58... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to break up file (write new files) in bash

Hello experts, I need help writing individual files from a data matrix, with each new file being written every time there is a blank line: From this cat file.txt col1 col2 col3 6661 7771 8881 6661 7771 8881 6661 7771 8881 col1 col2 col3 3451 2221 1221... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to open files and write into new one

Hello! I am a real beginner in scripting, so I am struggling with a really easy task! I want to write a script to concatenate several text files onto each other and generate a new file. I wanted the first argument to be the name of the new file, so: ./my_script.sh new_file file1.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malajedala
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write a script that checks whether files are moving out of a directory.

I have a directory that has files going into it and moving out on a regular basis. The normal state of the directory would be to be empty. I need to write a script that will check to see if files are Not moving out of the directory. Any help would be most welcome. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoBKoS
4 Replies
ROUND(3)								 1								  ROUND(3)

round - Rounds a float

SYNOPSIS
float round (float $val, [int $precision], [int $mode = PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the rounded value of $val to specified $precision (number of digits after the decimal point). $precision can also be negative or zero (default). Note PHP doesn't handle strings like "12,300.2" correctly by default. See converting from strings. PARAMETERS
o $val - The value to round o $precision - The optional number of decimal digits to round to. o $mode - Use one of the following constants to specify the mode in which rounding occurs. +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Constant | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP | | | | | | | Round $val up to $precision decimal places away | | | from zero, when it is half way there. Making 1.5 | | | into 2 and -1.5 into -2. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN | | | | | | | Round $val down to $precision decimal places | | | towards zero, when it is half way there. Making | | | 1.5 into 1 and -1.5 into -1. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next even value. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next odd value. | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
The rounded value EXAMPLES
Example #1 round(3) examples <?php echo round(3.4); // 3 echo round(3.5); // 4 echo round(3.6); // 4 echo round(3.6, 0); // 4 echo round(1.95583, 2); // 1.96 echo round(1241757, -3); // 1242000 echo round(5.045, 2); // 5.05 echo round(5.055, 2); // 5.06 ?> Example #2 $mode examples <?php echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 9 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 ?> Example #3 $mode with precision examples <?php /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $mode parameter was introduced. | | | | | 5.2.7 | | | | | | | The inner workings of round(3) was changed to | | | conform to the C99 standard. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group ROUND(3)