Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming running PLSQL scripts through shell script Post 302346457 by skmdu on Saturday 22nd of August 2009 05:46:18 AM
Old 08-22-2009
the program can be written in perl, using the DBI module, for more information refer this URL.

DBI - Database independent interface for Perl - search.cpan.org

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running SQL Scripts from Shell script - Need insight!

I've a script that fetches various values from the database as below: #! /bin/ksh $conn="user/pwd@service_name" `sqlplus -s << $conn EOF1 @xyz.sql @pqr.sql @abc.sql EOF1` The output of the script should generate txt files containing the results from queries which are further... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem running plsql & unix commands in 1 script

Hi, I need help again. When I run this shell script, it only runs the unld_date.sql piece and exits. How can I structure this to run all the way to the end? When I don't have the unld_date.sql piece in here, everything runs fine from the date compare piece all the way to the end. Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siog
5 Replies

3. Programming

UNIX Shell Script to Create a Document of a PLSQL code.

Hi All, I am supposed to present the documentation for the PLSQL code (PACKAGES, PROCEDURE, FUNCTIONS) of my application. There are sufficient comments in my code. Has anyone written any Shell Script Utility which can parse the PLSQL code and generate some kind of document ( preferrably HTML not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Parse PLSQL code?

Hi All, I am supposed to present the documentation for the PLSQL code (PACKAGES, PROCEDURE, FUNCTIONS) of my application. There are sufficient comments in my code. Has anyone written any Shell Script Utility which can parse the PLSQL code and generate some kind of document ( preferrably HTML not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic running of Shell scripts

Hi, I have this problem of merging 2 shell scripts and run it one after the other. For eg: script A runs to give OutputA. This OutputA should become the input of script B which will run to give OuputB. Now this has to happen automatically i.e, script A and script B should run consecutively one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vindhyaauri
1 Replies

6. Programming

Executing shell script from PLSQL

Hi All, I have a requirement to mv a file in unix from plsql procedure. for that i have created a java host procedure, a host_command, given all grants as per ORACLE-BASE - Oracle8i Shell Commands From PL/SQL but i am getting an error ""Process err :/bin/sh: mv Not Found"" kindly let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aryan_styles
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script from plsql trigger

Hi, I have been assigned a job which requires me to send mails from unix(Mailx) upon on certain actions triggered in the database. On insert/update of a certain field into one of the database tables the shell script present in Unix box responsible to send mail though mailx needs to be triggered... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemant.bs11
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a plsql procedure through shell script

I have a plsql procedure inside a package which is having one IN parameter .I want to call that procedure through a shell script and that IN parameter is a column of a table in the database. So my requirement is that i need to loop all the entries of that IN parameter from the table through shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspnf
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running plsql using printf command on bash shell

I am running plsql using printf on a shell, but i am getting some strange error, can someone point what exactly am i missing, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash $ printf " > SET serveroutput ON trimspool on feed off echo off > declare > p_val number; > d_val varchar2(10); > begin > SELECT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies
Template::DBI(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Template::DBI(3pm)

NAME
Template::DBI - DBI plugin for the Template Toolkit SYNOPSIS
$ perldoc Template::Plugin::DBI DESCRIPTION
The Template-DBI distribution contains the DBI plugin for the Template Toolkit. At some point in the future it is likely to contain other DBI-related plugins and extension modules for the Template Toolkit. The DBI plugin was distributed as part of the Template Toolkit until version 2.15 released in May 2006. At this time it was extracted into this separate Template-DBI distribution. See the documentation for Template::Plugin::DBI for further details on using the DBI plugin. AUTHORS
The DBI plugin was originally written by Simon A Matthews, and distributed as a separate module. It was integrated into the Template Toolkit distribution for version 2.00 and included contributions from Andy Wardley, Craig Barratt, Dave Hodgkinson and Rafael Kitover. Andy Wardley extracted it back into a separate distribution in May 2006. After that, in 2010 Jens Rehsack maintains this distribution. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2006 Simon Matthews, Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved Copyright (C) 2010 Jens Rehsack. All Rights Reserved This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template, Template::Plugins, Template::Plugin::DBI, DBI, Tie::DBI perl v5.10.1 2011-02-05 Template::DBI(3pm)