Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to find a multiple line block and replace with a multiple line block Post 302346448 by malcomex999 on Saturday 22nd of August 2009 04:54:17 AM
Old 08-22-2009
can you elaborate more by giving your exact inputfile and desired output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace multiple occurrences on the same line, but not all

Hi there! I am really enjoying working with sed. I am trying to come up with a sed command to replace some occurrences (not all) in the same line, for instance: I have a command which the output will be: 200.300.400.5 0A 0B 0C 01 02 03 being that the last 6 strings are actually one... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find 5 lines and replace with 18 line in sql file where it contains multiple blocks.

My sql file xyz_abc.sql in this file there are multiple sql block in this block I need to find the following block rem Subset Rows (&&tempName.*) CREATE VIEW &&tempName.* AS SELECT * FROM &&tempName.* WHERE f is not null and replace with following code rem Subset Rows... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text block in multiple files

I need to replace (delete) a text block in a bunch of files, its a html table, almost at the end of pages but the location varies. In Windows I used Filemonkey, but nothing like that in Unix? There is replace from mysql, but how does it deal with newlines? sed only works with single lines,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eiland
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single/Multiple Line with Special characters - Find & Replace in Unix Script

Hi, I am creating a script to do a find and replace single/multiple lines in a file with any number of lines. I have written a logic in a script that reads a reference file say "findrep" and populates two variables $FIND and $REPLACE print $FIND gives Hi How r $u Rahul() Note:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sarnayak
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED : Replace whole line on multiple execution

Hi, I am have one file with a line group=project_live I need to replace it with line group=project_live_support before I execute some application related script. The potentianl problem is when I replace this with sed using command sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: replace multiple word on a line

Hi All, If I have a line as following: ( MA "vertical" ) How can I convert it to as below: ( BC "horizontal" ) Thanks, --Michael (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxn731
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Line awk search and replace

I have a log file that contains many lines but contains the following line three times: related_pin : "t_bypass"; Here are the 3 occurrences and the two lines after from my file.txt: related_pin : "t_bypass"; sdf_cond : "rstq_b"; timing_sense : negative_unate; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygb2003
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple line search, replace second line, using awk or sed

All, I appreciate any help you can offer here as this is well beyond my grasp of awk/sed... I have an input file similar to: &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021855/--F" &LOG &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021852/--F" &LOG Cloning_Action: RETAIN &LOG Part: "@DB/TCCP000010713/--A" &LOG &LOG... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarmaPoliceT2
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple block of lines in one comma separated line

Hi Everyone, On my Linux box I have a text file having block of few lines and this block lines separated by one blank line. I would like to format and print these lines in such a way that this entire block of lines will come as single comma separated line & again next block of lines in next... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk to multiple and replace in a specific line

Hi Folks, I have the file in which I need to multiply the content of a line and replace the initial content of that line with the obtained answer. For example if this is my input file file1.txt 2.259314750 xxxxxx 1.962774350 xxxxxx 2.916817290 xxxxxx 1.355026900 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madiouma Ndiaye
4 Replies
timblclient(1)						      General Commands Manual						    timblclient(1)

NAME
timblclient - a simple client to access the Tilburg Memory Based Learner Server SYNOPSYS
timblclient -h host -p port [-i inputfile] [-i outputfile] [--batch] [-b basename] DESCRIPTION
timblclient connects to a TimblServer on 'host':'port' and sends it the normal instructions. (see timblserver ) OPTIONS
The timblclient options are -i inputfile a series of timblserver commands. When BATCH is specified, inputfile is supposed to be a 'normal' Timbl testfile. Every line is send to the timblserver as a 'clas- sify' command. Default is stdin. -o outputfile Where to put the results. Default is stdout. --batch When --batch is specified, the input from 'inputfile' is not interpreted as timblserver commands, but as instances that will be send 'as is' prepended by a classify instruction. -h host connect to the server on 'host' -p port connect to 'port' on 'host' -b basename set the base in TimblServer to 'base' BUGS
This is just a simple testprogram, and rather clumsy. AUTHORS
Ko van der Sloot timbl@uvt.nl SEE ALSO
timbl(1) timblserver(1) 2011 march 28 timblclient(1)