Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: talk command to chat
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers talk command to chat Post 302346112 by thanhdat on Friday 21st of August 2009 04:40:40 AM
Old 08-21-2009
Do you have a firewall ?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

talk command to chat

Hi, Could you please advice on the following query: There are 2 users on a unix box: 1. aaaa 2. bbbb I open 2 putty sessions and login with the above 2 users. Then I type the following using the aaaa user to chat with bbbb. talk bbbb or talk bbbb@hostname Result: the screen goes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miltonkeynesguy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problems with using talk command

using talk option i tried to send message to my team mate. for connecting to one unix box, we are having a common userid and password except that, the ip addresses will change for me it is x.x.x.4, for my colleague it is x.x.x.3 These are the steps i did > who <userid> pts/2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

3. Linux

How do I capture responses from the chat command?

Unfortunately googling the word 'chat' gives you zebedee billion responses that relate to everything and few of them refer to the linux chat command. I've read the man page and found a couple of examples but can't see how to do this. I want to query the modem for it's manufacturer, product id... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
8 Replies

4. Web Development

Can you embed Skype or any other video chat/chat program into a webpage?

Hi, I am trying to embed Skype or any other video chat/chat program into a webpage. Has anyone had success doing this? or know how? Thanks Phil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Very Funny and Somewhat Amazing 2006 Chat Bot Chat

Working on the badging system, Just found this old thread for 2006 and started reading it. ROTFL ... what a great discussion between forum members and our chat bot Gollum "back in the good old days"... You must check this out if you want a laugh and big smile: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
fwb_pix(1)							 Firewall Builder							fwb_pix(1)

NAME
fwb_ipt - Policy compiler for Cisco PIX SYNOPSIS
fwb_pix -fdata_file.xml [-V] [-dwdir] [-i] [-v] [-xc] [-xt] object_name DESCRIPTION
fwb_pix is firewall policy compiler component of Firewall Builder (see fwbuilder(1)). Compiler reads objects definitions and firewall description from the data file specified with "-f" option and generates resultant Cisco PIX configuration file. The configuration is writ- ten to the file with the name the same as the name of the firewall object, plus extension ".fw". The data file and the name of the firewall objects must be specified on the command line. Other command line parameters are optional. OPTIONS
-f FILE Specify the name of the data file to be processed. -d wdir Specify working directory. Compiler creates file with PIX configuration in this directory. If this parameter is missing, then PIX configuration will be placed in the current working directory. -v Be verbose: compiler prints diagnostic messages when it works. -V Print version number and quit. -i When this option is present, the last argument on the command line is supposed to be firewall object ID rather than its name -xc When output file name is determined automatically (i.e. flags -o or -O are not present), the file name is composed of the cluster name and member firewall name rather than just member firewall name. This is used mostly for testing when the same member firewall object can be a part of different clusters with different configurations. -xt This flag makes compiler treat all fatal errors as warnings and continue processing rules. Generated configuration script most likely will be incorrect but will include error message as a comment; this flag is used for testing and debugging. URL
Firewall Builder home page is located at the following URL: http://www.fwbuilder.org/ BUGS
Please report bugs using bug tracking system on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5314&atid=105314 SEE ALSO
fwbuilder(1), fwb_ipf(1), fwb_ipt(1) fwb_pf(1) FWB
fwb_pix(1)