Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find the time before 30 minutes Post 302346082 by panyam on Friday 21st of August 2009 02:37:18 AM
Old 08-21-2009
Code:
perl -le 'print scalar localtime (time() - 2*60*60);'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process Time in hours or minutes only

Hi i want to print the time of a process in hours only..(or) in minutes only.Is there anyway to print the process such like that when i give the commnand like following #ps -eo pid,time PID TIME 412 01:49:32 481 00:03 it shows in HH:MM:SS format: Could anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

subtract minutes from time

i have the time 20100421043335 in format (date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S),and i want to be able to get the previous time 2 minutes ago,which is 20100421043135 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine previous time in minutes

I have several logs with where the time stamp in the logs are "YYYYMMDDHHMM". I would like to check the last line in each file to make sure the entry is less than 5 minutes old. My timezone is EST5EDT so the following will work for 1 hour. But I need something easy for 5 minutes ago.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
5 Replies

4. Solaris

How to show time minus 60 minutes?

In Redhat it is easy.... date --date="60 minutes ago" How do you do this in Solaris? I got creative and got the epoch time but had problems.. EPOCHTIME=`truss date 2>&1 | grep "time()" | awk '{print $3 - 900}'` echo $EPOCHTIME TIME=`perl -e 'print scalar(localtime("$EPOCHTIME")),... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep the time within given minutes

Mar 26 15:25:11 : jdoe : TTY=pts/2 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/su - Mar 26 15:28:52 : jdoe : 3 incorrect password attempts ; TTY=pts/2 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/su - Mar 25 12:23:07 : jdoe : TTY=pts/2 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ; USER=root ; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 24 Hr Time Format into Minutes?

Hello All I know the general Logic behind it but do not know the shell programming so much. For Example, The Time is stored in a given Variable if the Time is 0800 then i need to extract the last digits of the number and Add it to the Remaining Digit of the Number which is multiplied by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajesh
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference in minutes

Hi Folks, I have a text file that has only time in the format HH:MM:SS like seen below. 21:36:17 23:52:08 I need to find the difference in minutes alone from this text file so the result would be 136. Thanks Jay (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a time minus 60 minutes?

Hello, date --date '-60 min ago' +'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S,%3N' Above command gives the date and time minus 60 minutes but the problem i am facing is, i do not want to hardcode the value 60 it is stored in a variable var=60 now if i run below command , i get error date --date '-$var min... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramneekgupta91
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file creation Time minutes and if file older then 5 minutes execute some stuff

Hello all, Info: System RedHat 7.5 I need to create a script that based on the creation time, if the file is older then 5 minutes then execute some stuff, if not exit. I thought to get the creation time and minutes like this. CreationTime=$(stat -c %y /tmp/test.log | awk -F" " '{ print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find if create time of last created file in a directory is older than 5 minutes

A process xyz is running and creating file1, file2, file3, .... filen. how do i know if the process has stopped and createtime of the last file (filen) is older than 5 minutes? OS is AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
3 Replies
sttime(3)						    ShapeTools Toolkit Library							 sttime(3)

NAME
stMktime, stWriteTime - date and time handling SYNOPSIS
#include <config.h> #include <sttk.h.h> time_tstMktime (char *string); char*stWriteTime (time_t date); DESCRIPTION
stMktime scans the given string and tries to read a date and time from it. It understands various formats of date strings. The following is a list of all valid formats, optional parts in brackets. [Tue] Jan 5[,] [19]93 This includes the standard asctime(3) format. Jan 5 With no year given, the year defaults to the current year. [19]93/01/05 This notation requires month and day represented by exactly two digits. 5.1.[19]93 This is the usual German notation. 5.1. German notation referencing the current year. A certain time, given together with the date must always have the following form. hours:minutes[:seconds] Each of the fields must be an integer value within the proper range (hours: 0-23, minutes and seconds: 0-59). Values below 10 may be written as one digit numbers. The time value may be placed anywhere in the date string: at the beginning, at the end, or somewhere in the middle. Any amount of white- space may be given between a field of the time value and the separating colon. The time is always considered to be local time. stWriteTime generates a time string similar to asctime(3) from its date argument. SEE ALSO
asctime(3) BUGS
Time Zone Names within the time string (like `MET') are not handled properly. In most cases they will cause a failure. sttk-1.7 Thu Jun 24 17:43:35 1993 sttime(3)