Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shuffling 'cards' using perl. Post 302345885 by KevinADC on Thursday 20th of August 2009 12:56:10 PM
Old 08-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy
Sounds like a homework assignment. Only the education system would be that sadistic to ask you to do something silly like ignore modules and write something completely clunky and complicated.
It is homework, he mentions that on one of the other perl forums where he is posting the same questions.

Edit: I see he now mentions it is homework

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sound cards

hey im having problems getting my sound to work, im running linux mandrake 8.0 and it detects the sound card but it will not play any sound if there are any ideas or slutions please let me know.-vassago (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vassago
3 Replies

2. BSD

WLAN PCI Cards

Hi! I just wanted to know what network cards are supported in FreeBSD. I have looked at the list of supported cards but I can't find any of them in the stores. Is the list not updated, I would really preciate info about where (in EU, Sweden) I can buy them. /Peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barfly.se
2 Replies

3. Linux

sound cards

i installed Red Hat Fedora (successfully this time) and my sound card wasnt automticly found or what ever. so how do i get my sound working and stuff? how do i gonfigure the sound card? how do i get it to detect the sound card? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xcaliber
4 Replies

4. Solaris

x25 cards on solaris 8

Has anyone configured one of these things, I cant seem to find any documentation on sunsolve, I want to verify that it is up and running... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to List all Network cards

Hi, I'm looking for a command to be able to list all my network cards available on my server. With the command "ifconfig - a", I can only see to configured network card(s) Any idea ? :confused: Thanks a lot for your help, Fabien (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
5 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

veritas and nic cards

Hello I have 2 machines with 3 NIC cards. When I setup veritas, I receive this message: e1000g1 has an IP address configured on it. It could be a public NIC on ken. Are you sure you want to use e1000g1 for the first private heartbeat link? As if e1000g1 should not have an IP address.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP UX 9000 NIC CARDS

Hello, I am trying to move an HP UX from one locaion to another. The new location don't have any Fiber switches. On the back of my server I see 2 RJ 45 for console management the other for networking , the server also has a fiber NIC card. When I disconnec the fiber and want to user regular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldaliosmane
1 Replies

8. High Performance Computing

Graphics cards

More and more applications which consist of computationally intensive tasks rely on the graphics card's capabilities in order to speed up the calculations. The question is how can one know whether the graphics card will have any influence for a proprietary application? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

9. Fedora

Shuffling a text file

Hi, I have a text file that is a single column. How do I write code to shuffle it? Thanks! Sample input: NANP DLGAP5 BUB1 C4orf46 BID (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - getting last file using wild cards

Hi experts, I am new to perl. I am trying to get the last file from set of files. Using the below code; but getting error pls help Files: -rw-r--r-- 1 abc abc 12584 Mar 18 16:22 /abc/def/ghi/xyz.HOSTNAME.2016.03.18.16.21.69709-6 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc abc 12623 Mar 18 16:25... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)