Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Selecting Lines on text file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selecting Lines on text file Post 302345875 by oconmx on Thursday 20th of August 2009 12:20:57 PM
Old 08-20-2009
Let me try it...

Looks good and way cleaner than my script Smilie

Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with selecting specific lines in a large file

Hello, I need to select the 3 lines above as well as below a search string, including the search string. I have been trying various combinations using sed command without any success. Can anuone help please. Thanking (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tansha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

about selecting lines

Hello , i got text file like that' C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\aa.jpg C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\thumb.jpg C:\Users\Public\Pictures\vv\cc.jpg C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\ee.jpg C:\Users\Public\aa\Sample Pictures\cvswsr.jpg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidkhan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting lines with sed

Hi all, I have a file with special characters like this file1 691775025 ýÄqJ8^Z^Y{ 2004-08-23E P 100.00 45585025 0527541139295037342008-07-25OEP 100.00 6983025 ýB<9D>x<^F^Xb 2004-11-16SPP 100.00 I need a sed command to print the lines which don't have special characters.ie., only line 2... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: allinshell
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting a range of Lines

Hi All, Is there a way to get a range of lines from a file??? I want to search through a set of scripts and need to select the group of lines which do the FTP. Say, Line1 Line2 ftp SERVER user UNAME PASS send FILE_TO_BE_SENT close Line3 Line4 Line5 ftp SERVER1 user USER1 PASS1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beinthemiddle
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting lines of a file

Say I wanted to select the 5th line of a file without knowing the context of the file. Would I use grep and pipe it into wc or is there a more simple way of doing this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting lines using awk

I have a file which contains five hundred thousand lines (500,000). I want to select lines of every 1000 lines from that file using AWK. I can think something like this in bash as below: for lines in {0..500000..1000} do ........ ........ done But I want to use AWK. I do not know how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjramana
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk for selecting lines in a file avoiding repetition

Hello, I am using Awk in UBUNTU 12.04. I have a file as following with 48,432,354 lines and 4 fields. The file has this structure (There are repetitions of the first column in several lines) AB_14 S54 A G AB_14 S55 A A AB_14 S56 G G GO_15 S45 T A GO_15 S46 A A PT_16 S33 C C PT_16 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting text on multiple lines, then removing a beginning and end patterns

I have a file similar to the below. I am selecting only the paragraphs with @inlineifset. I am using the following command sed '/@inlineifset/,/^ *$/!d; s/@inlineifset{mrg, @btpar{@//' $flnm >> $ofln This produces @section Correlations between seismograms,,,,}} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danette
5 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)