Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to make sure that a disk is not used? Post 302345843 by aixlover on Thursday 20th of August 2009 10:45:09 AM
Old 08-20-2009
I am talking about the whole disk, c1t1d0x. For example:

# vxprint -ht | grep c1t1d0
# metastat | grep c1t1d0
# grep c1t1d0 /etc/vfstab
# df -k | grep c1t1d0
# echo | format | grep c1t1d0
4. c1t1d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107>

I could not find it in all these commands. How can I make 100% sure c1t1d0x is not being used?

Last edited by aixlover; 08-20-2009 at 12:25 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make a boot disk

I need to know how to make a boot disk to get Solaris 7 to load on a intel machine. I have checked out Sun.Com, but did not understand how to download and convert the files to a disk. any help would be appericated thanks Bobby (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Youngadmin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover DIsk and make bootable

Hello all, I'm trying to recover from backup file to a new system with a new disk. I'm able to partition my new hard drive the same way as my old drive, but I'm unable to boot off of it. I have set the fdisk to toogle as a boot flag. But it does not seem to be working. Does anyone know how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Need to make disk device files match

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to change the disk device files ex. /dev/dsk/cxtxd0 ? What I have are two HPUX 11.0 servers using MC Service Guard 11.13. A consultant attached a SAN and both servers had created the same identical LUN device files. Now I could begin creating my volume... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvizza
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to make a bootable disk?

The second disk that I'm trying to make bootable is to hold another version of Solaris (9). I've created the partitions with format and labeled the disk - created the filesystems with newfs - created and mounted the directories. ...but I think I've missed something out like using fdisk to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using newfs to make file system on a sata disk using Acard adaptor

Hi All: I am using an adaptor between a 1TB SATA hard drive and solaris 8 box with 68 pin scsi. I use the format utility to partition the HD which works fine but when I use newfs, I get some errors. I will place them below. I have blocked and the error message is in red. Anybody got any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mndavies
1 Replies

6. Solaris

how to make repartition of disk

hi I am working with sun solaris 9 and I have 40 GB hard disk and I want to recreate the partition. 1)how can I recreate the partition?? 2) how can I take the back-up of my application so that I will not loose the data.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

8. SCO

Make a Copy Entire Hard Disk

Dear All, I have a standalone desktop with SCO Openserver V 5, this is used to control a machine with custom written software. The problem is that the machine manufacturer has closed shop (bankruptcy) and there is no support on software. As a precaution I would want to make a complete backup of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iqbal_siddiqui
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

how to make others have read/write permission when the aotu mounted usb flash disk pluge in ?

hi all: as we know , when usb flash disk plug in and aotu mounted , the default permission of the usb flash disk is 700. that means others have no permission . the question: how to make others have read/write permission when the aotu mounted usb flash disk pluge in ? thanks !! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnold.king
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Make a disk disappear from fdisk output

Hello, 1 ) Fdisk -l # Displays all the disk with partition table information My Query ) A ) How can i make one disk ex: /dev/sdd not visible in fdisk -l output ? B) From where fdisk -l collect and display the information ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
8 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep is used to invoke the grep on compress'ed or gzip'ed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is speci- fied, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If zgrep is invoked as zegrep or zfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep zgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; zgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), zdiff(1), zmore(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) ZGREP(1)