Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat unable to communicate with Linux machine Post 302345818 by dennysv on Thursday 20th of August 2009 09:43:10 AM
Old 08-20-2009
Assuming network is configured correctly, most likely reason is firewall on server. try iptables -F to flush all firewall rule. Can you telnet/ssh to the server or ping to other machined from Linux ? if not, network/routing may be the issue

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to shutdown and start machine

Hello. I have just installed solaris on my PC (standalone). It allows to reboot. But IF I shut down and the restart by pressing the button - It does not show my solaris OS and I am then forced to perform fresh installation. Could you please let me know the fix for it - So that shutdown and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple app to communicate windows and linux/unix

Careful!!! This is a newbie question! Hello Community I'd like to develop a very simple application, on the one side (some windows pcs with a listener and sender) on the other side a linux server that does the same. Any suggestions about doing that? telnet, smbclient????? It must be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncatdesigner
3 Replies

3. Solaris

sun 8 unable to communicate through console

Hi : I have a e450 sun server that I just started up and I connect my laptop to the serial connection using a null modem cable and it just does not connect. I use hyperterminal, I dont connect a keyboard to the sun machine? Any ideas? Thanks a lot Al (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanj4
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

5. SuSE

unable to ping virtualbox machine

I current have Windows 7 running Virtualbox - OpenSUSE. From SUSE I can ping the Windows box 10.10.x.x no problems. But from the windows box I can't ping SUSE. I have tried disabling the firewall and sill no luck. Tried pinging host name and still no luck. The network gives an IP from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Communicate to the OS(linux) using front end.

Hi guys , I want to develop a web page which is capable of executing the command on os and show the output on the browser.(Which involves reading and writing too.) I m using jsp language to develop the web page. How would i use it to communicate with my linux server? Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

8. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

unable to connect internet on virtual machine

I have installed Oracle VM virtual box on Windows 7 and using LINUX (backtrack 5) as my virtual OS. The problem is i'm unable to connect to internet from my virtual OS. i'm using USB dongle (mobile broad band) to connect to internet from my host OS windows 7. I tried setting NAT in VM settings... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
0 Replies

9. Linux

Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service

Hi, Could you please help me with the below issue.. I'm running RHEL6 OS on both server (192.168.0.10) and client machines (192.168.0.1). I'm trying to connect to server from the client machine using ftp service. I have installed vsftpd daemon on both the machines. I'm getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
4 Replies
PYROMAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							PYROMAN(8)

NAME
pyroman - a firewall configuration utility SYNOPSIS
pyroman [ -hvnspP ] [ -r RULESDIR ] [ -t SECONDS ] [ --help ] [ --version ] [ --safe ] [ --no-act ] [ --print ] [ --print-verbose ] [ --rules=RULESDIR ] [ --timeout=SECONDS ] [ safe ] DESCRIPTION
pyroman is a firewall configuration utility. It will compile a set of configuration files to iptables statements to setup IP packet filtering for you. While it is not necessary for operating and using Pyroman, you should have understood how IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP and the other commonly used Internet protocols work and interact. You should also have understood the basics of iptables in order to make use of the full functionality. pyroman does not try to hide all the iptables complexity from you, but tries to provide you with a convenient way of managing a complex networks firewall. For this it offers a compact syntax to add new firewall rules, while still exposing access to add arbitrary iptables rules. OPTIONS
-r RULESDIR,--rules=RULES Load the rules from directory RULESDIR instead of the default directory (usually /etc/pyroman ) -t SECONDS,--timeout=SECONDS Wait SECONDS seconds after applying the changes for the user to type OK to confirm he can still access the firewall. This implies --safe but allows you to use a different timeout. -h, --help Print a summary of the command line options and exit. -V, --version Print the version number of pyroman and exit. -s, --safe, safe When the firewall was committed, wait 30 seconds for the user to type OK to confirm, that he can still access the firewall (i.e. the network connection wasn't blocked by the firewall). Otherwise, the firewall changes will be undone, and the firewall will be restored to the previous state. Use the --timeout=SECONDS option to change the timeout. -n, --no-act Don't actually run iptables. This can be used to check if pyroman accepts the configuration files. -p, --print Instead of running iptables, output the generated rules. -P, --print-verbose Instead of running iptables, output the generated rules. Each statement will have one comment line explaining how this rules was generated. This will usually include the filename and line number, and is useful for debugging. CONFIGURATION
Configuration of pyroman consists of a number of files in the directory /etc/pyroman. These files are in python syntax, although you do not need to be a python programmer to use these rules. There is only a small number of statements you need to know: add_host Define a new host or network add_interface Define a new interface (group) add_service Add a new service alias (note that you can always use e.g. www/tcp to reference the www tcp service as defined in /etc/services) add_nat Define a new NAT (Network Address Translation) rule allow Allow a service, client, server combination reject Reject access for this service, client, server combination drop Drop packets for this service, client, server combination add_rule Add a rule for this service, client, server and target combination iptables Add an arbitrary iptables statement to be executed at beginning iptables_end Add an arbitrary iptables statement to be executed at the end Detailed parameters for these functions can be looked up by caling cd /usr/share/pyroman pydoc ./commands.py BUGS
None known as of pyroman-0.4 release AUTHOR
pyroman was written by Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> SEE ALSO
iptables(8), iptables-restore(8) iptables-load(8) PYROMAN(8)