Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reverse ':' separated numbers in a shell script Post 302345720 by ranjithpr on Thursday 20th of August 2009 04:54:07 AM
Old 08-20-2009
Hope this will be helpful

Code:
$ echo 00:11:22:33:44:55|awk -F":" '{for(i=NF;i>1;i--) printf("%s:",$i);print $1}'
55:44:33:22:11:00

Regards,

Ranjith

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

retain Line numbers.. in Vi .. OR .. A SHELL SCRIPT

Hello everybody ! GOT SOMETHING INTERESTING... I am trying to retain line number for a text document.. usually we get line numbers in VI using :set nu , but I want to permanently store them. It's a 4000 lines of text and I want grep/search it for a list of words/fields stored in a different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdlayeeq
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

add numbers in shell script

cat dailyreports | grep "Important list" | awk -F":" '{print $2}' | awk -F" " '{print $1}' hey guys, after running the above combination of cat and awk, i get the below output: 3 4 2 9 now, i need to add these numbers up all in one line. i dont know what to add to that cat and awk one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to parse the contents of comma-separated file

Dear All, I have a comma-separated file. 1. The first line of the file(header) should have 4 commas(5 fields). 2. The last line of the file should have 1 comma(2 fields). Pls help me in checking this condition in a shell script. And the number of lines between the first line and last... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaSaran
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, shell script reverse engineering app generator - project

Hi, this is fantastic forum for shell programming and scripting, so please let me to introduce you with my very old concept to have web form/s with radio, select, input fields and have an application generating valid, syntax error free scripting code. The same or alike questions are asked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

validate a pattern of numbers that are comma separated

Hi, I have a requirement wherein, I need to validate a user input of the numbers that are comma separated. E.g . The input should be in the format 1,2,3...n (count of numbers is not known) . The user has to mention the input in this format, else it should exit from the program. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12345
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check numbers!

Hello All, I have 3 types of files. The names of which starts with P,I,M like P********* D********* M********* now I need to do some operations witht hese files.. so if file name starts with P or p then do the operation for P file... fi else (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculation using awk or shell script in between the numbers

file A E969K D223L E400L E34L file B predicted 3 1 250 251 500 501 1000 The output should be E969K 501 1000 D223L 1 250 E400L 251 500 E34L 1 250 I tried in this way (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading comma separated variable into other variables in shell script

Hi, In shell script, I have a variable var = xyz, inn, day, night, calif ....n and I would like to read them in to var1 = xzy, var2 = inn, var3= day, var4 = night....var. probably in a loop. I would like to read the variables until end of the line. Comma is the delimiter and there's no comma at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

separate two numbers separated by :

Hi all i have a data of this form 10.12.4.22:138 10.12.2.50:137 10.20.2.24:1027 10.12.2.44:138 10.12.2.44:137 10.0.4.38:58871 10.13.3.19:138 i need to separate the number out which is at the last and after ':' Please help me out Thanx in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to search all entries from 1 file to all other separated files.

Hi, I am trying to create a shell script in unix platform, hence will need info on how to start and any ideas from you guys. million thx. Objective: Shell script to search all entries from 1 file(a.out) to all other files and extract the search output to 1 file (c.out). Situation, 1)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)