Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Transfer variable to an expect function Post 302345693 by sylvainkalache on Thursday 20th of August 2009 02:53:05 AM
Old 08-20-2009
Thanks chipcmc for your answer, finnally I find another solution; I don't use the expect way of define variable and use the classical way to send variable to a function:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

HPPASS1="$2"

send_command()
{
        echo "spawn ssh login@10.10.10.10"

echo 'sleep 1'
        echo 'expect "*assword:*"'

echo 'sleep 1'
        echo 'send  $1'
        echo 'expect oet'

}
conf_=`send_command "$HPPASS1" | /usr/bin/expect >> temp_log`

After I don't know if it's the better way but it's shorter and it works!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfer a variable in a shell script?

Hey guys, seems I can't transfer the $ip into gawk in the following bash script, where the problem is? #!/bin/bash while read ip do gawk '$1~"$ip"' /tmp/source done < /tmp/ip ++ cat /tmp/ip 192.16.1.1|192.168.1.2|192.168.1.3 10.1.1.1|10.1.1.2 10.8.1.0|10.8.1.1|10.8.1.2 -- cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a variable inside a variable to a function

I would like to know how to pass a variable inside a variable to a function. sample code below -------------- for x in 1 9 do check_null $C$x ##call function to check if the value is null if then echo "line number:$var_cnt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingVikram
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with FTP Variable Transfer

Hey all, I'm trying to upload a file to my ftp server through an automated batch program. I will be uploading a file that's name changes according to you IP Address, so I am using the variable %ip% to represent the file's name. The problem occurs when it transfers over to the ftp portion of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piking
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script file transfer failure

I use expect to spawn an sftp file transfer. On occasion the transfer fails or doesn't complete correctly, resulting in: "sftp> cd /returns sftp> rename /returns/TESTFILE.TXT /returns/archive/TESTFILE.TXT Couldn't rename file "/returns/TESTFILE.TXT" to "/returns/archive/TESTFILE.TXT": Failure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjb1959
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a function with a variable parameter into another variable?

Hello again :) Am currently trying to write a function which will delete a record from a file. The code currently looks as such: function deleteRecord() { clear read -p "Please enter the ID of the record you wish to remove: " strID ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: U_C_Dispatj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a function which uses expect from a shells script

Hi all, This is the first time i am using expect. I am trying to call a function with in the shell script. The function will shh to a new server and will pass the password using expect and send. I need help in calling the fuction i am getting follaowing errors... here the script ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable value in a function to be used by another function

Hello All, I would like to ask help from you on how to pass variable value from a function that has been called inside the function. I have created below and put the variables in " ". Is there another way I can do this? Thank you in advance. readtasklist() { while read -r mod ver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aderamos12
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variable from one function to another function?

updateEnvironmentField() { linewithoutquotes=`echo $LINE | tr -d '"'` b() } I want to pass variable named $linewithoutquotes to another method called b(), which is called from updateEnvironmentField() method. How to do the above requirement with shell script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pottic
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to set file transfer in binary mode in SFTP using Expect?

The below is my script. /usr/bin/expect<<EOD spawn /usr/bin/sftp -o Port=$PORT $USER@$HOST expect "sftp>" expect "password:" set timout 15 send "$password\r" expect "sftp>" send "lcd $remotedir\r" expect "sftp>" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anilsaggu9
1 Replies
MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)													      MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)

mssql_fetch_field - Get field information

SYNOPSIS
object mssql_fetch_field (resource $result, [int $field_offset = -1]) DESCRIPTION
mssql_fetch_field(3) can be used in order to obtain information about fields in a certain query result. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The numerical field offset. If the field offset is not specified, the next field that was not yet retrieved by this function is retrieved. The $field_offset starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns an object containing field information. The properties of the object are: o name - column name. if the column is a result of a function, this property is set to computed#N, where #N is a serial number. o column_source - the table from which the column was taken o max_length - maximum length of the column o numeric - 1 if the column is numeric o type - the column type. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_fetch_field(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information $field = mssql_fetch_field($query, $i); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_field_seek(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)