Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse and delete lines efficiently Post 302345682 by edidataguy on Thursday 20th of August 2009 01:56:36 AM
Old 08-20-2009
Always, give the input and the expected output and the condition.
It will be easier if you give the ouput.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse files and delete

For the CSV file it should have one entry per line looking like this: pwd/filename,YYYYMMDDhhmmss,OK The date stamp should be from the file properties and OK will be a constant. find . name 'W*' gives me the proper list of files and date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S is the proper date format but I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pimentelgg
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a string efficiently

I am new to the boards and to shell programming and have a requirement to name new files received with a unique sequence number. I need to look at a particular file pattern that exists and then to increment a sequence by 1 and write the new file. Example of file names and sequence # ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiego_coder
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines in a file that have duplicates or derive the lines that aper once

Input: a b b c d d I need: a c I know how to get this (the lines that have duplicates) : b d sort file | uniq -d But i need opossite of this. I have searched the forum and other places as well, but have found solution for everything except this variant of the problem. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: necroman08
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How get only required lines & delete the rest of the lines in file

Hiiii I have a file which contains huge data as a.dat: PDE 1990 1 9 18 51 28.90 24.7500 95.2800 118.0 6.1 0.0 BURMA event name: 010990D time shift: 7.3000 half duration: 5.0000 latitude: 24.4200 longitude: 94.9500 depth: 129.6000 Mrr: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a File ColumnWise & Delete the Rows

Hi , I have a CSV file that has around 50K records in it. I have to delete all the duplicate rows from the file except one, depending upon data in column4. Lets say there are 3 rows for 'column4data' in the file. I have to retain only that line which has the smallest date value in column2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In a huge file, Delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines

Hi All, I have a very huge file (4GB) which has duplicate lines. I want to delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines. Sort, uniq, awk '!x++' are not working as its running out of buffer space. I dont know if this works : I want to read each line of the File in a For Loop, and want to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse lines

I have file which is having 500 lines. I want to get the first 100 lines then sleep, then again next 100 lines sleep so now till the end of the file. Can someone tell me in perl and bash. also i want to do it in threads. Thanks.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse tab delimited file, check condition and delete row

I am fairly new to programming and trying to resolve this problem. I have the file like this. CHROM POS REF ALT 10_sample.bam 11_sample.bam 12_sample.bam 13_sample.bam 14_sample.bam 15_sample.bam 16_sample.bam tg93 77 T C T T T T T tg93 79 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
4 Replies
funjoin(1)							SAORD Documentation							funjoin(1)

NAME
funjoin - join two or more FITS binary tables on specified columns SYNOPSIS
funjoin [switches] <ifile1> <ifile2> ... <ifilen> <ofile> OPTIONS
-a cols # columns to activate in all files -a1 cols ... an cols # columns to activate in each file -b 'c1:bvl,c2:bv2' # blank values for common columns in all files -bn 'c1:bv1,c2:bv2' # blank values for columns in specific files -j col # column to join in all files -j1 col ... jn col # column to join in each file -m min # min matches to output a row -M max # max matches to output a row -s # add 'jfiles' status column -S col # add col as status column -t tol # tolerance for joining numeric cols [2 files only] DESCRIPTION
funjoin joins rows from two or more (up to 32) FITS Binary Table files, based on the values of specified join columns in each file. NB: the join columns must have an index file associated with it. These files are generated using the funindex program. The first argument to the program specifies the first input FITS table or raw event file. If "stdin" is specified, data are read from the standard input. Subsequent arguments specify additional event files and tables to join. The last argument is the output FITS file. NB: Do not use Funtools Bracket Notation to specify FITS extensions and row filters when running funjoin or you will get wrong results. Rows are accessed and joined using the index files directly, and this bypasses all filtering. The join columns are specified using the -j col switch (which specifies a column name to use for all files) or with -j1 col1, -j2 col2, ... -jn coln switches (which specify a column name to use for each file). A join column must be specified for each file. If both -j col and -jn coln are specified for a given file, then the latter is used. Join columns must either be of type string or type numeric; it is illegal to mix numeric and string columns in a given join. For example, to join three files using the same key column for each file, use: funjoin -j key in1.fits in2.fits in3.fits out.fits A different key can be specified for the third file in this way: funjoin -j key -j3 otherkey in1.fits in2.fits in3.fits out.fits The -a "cols" switch (and -a1 "col1", -a2 "cols2" counterparts) can be used to specify columns to activate (i.e. write to the output file) for each input file. By default, all columns are output. If two or more columns from separate files have the same name, the second (and subsequent) columns are renamed to have an underscore and a numeric value appended. The -m min and -M max switches specify the minimum and maximum number of joins required to write out a row. The default minimum is 0 joins (i.e. all rows are written out) and the default maximum is 63 (the maximum number of possible joins with a limit of 32 input files). For example, to write out only those rows in which exactly two files have columns that match (i.e. one join): funjoin -j key -m 1 -M 1 in1.fits in2.fits in3.fits ... out.fits A given row can have the requisite number of joins without all of the files being joined (e.g. three files are being joined but only two have a given join key value). In this case, all of the columns of the non-joined file are written out, by default, using blanks (zeros or NULLs). The -b c1:bv1,c2:bv2 and -b1 'c1:bv1,c2:bv2' -b2 'c1:bv1,c2 - bv2' ... switches can be used to set the blank value for columns common to all files and/or columns in a specified file, respectively. Each blank value string contains a comma-separated list of col- umn:blank_val specifiers. For floating point values (single or double), a case-insensitive string value of "nan" means that the IEEE NaN (not-a-number) should be used. Thus, for example: funjoin -b "AKEY:???" -b1 "A:-1" -b3 "G:NaN,E:-1,F:-100" ... means that a non-joined AKEY column in any file will contain the string "???", the non-joined A column of file 1 will contain a value of -1, the non-joined G column of file 3 will contain IEEE NaNs, while the non-joined E and F columns of the same file will contain values -1 and -100, respectively. Of course, where common and specific blank values are specified for the same column, the specific blank value is used. To distinguish which files are non-blank components of a given row, the -s (status) switch can be used to add a bitmask column named "JFILES" to the output file. In this column, a bit is set for each non-blank file composing the given row, with bit 0 corresponds to the first file, bit 1 to the second file, and so on. The file names themselves are stored in the FITS header as parameters named JFILE1, JFILE2, etc. The -S col switch allows you to change the name of the status column from the default "JFILES". A join between rows is the Cartesian product of all rows in one file having a given join column value with all rows in a second file having the same value for its join column and so on. Thus, if file1 has 2 rows with join column value 100, file2 has 3 rows with the same value, and file3 has 4 rows, then the join results in 2*3*4=24 rows being output. The join algorithm directly processes the index file associated with the join column of each file. The smallest value of all the current columns is selected as a base, and this value is used to join equal-valued columns in the other files. In this way, the index files are traversed exactly once. The -t tol switch specifies a tolerance value for numeric columns. At present, a tolerance value can join only two files at a time. (A completely different algorithm is required to join more than two files using a tolerance, somethng we might consider implementing in the future.) The following example shows many of the features of funjoin. The input files t1.fits, t2.fits, and t3.fits contain the following columns: [sh] fundisp t1.fits AKEY KEY A B ----------- ------ ------ ------ aaa 0 0 1 bbb 1 3 4 ccc 2 6 7 ddd 3 9 10 eee 4 12 13 fff 5 15 16 ggg 6 18 19 hhh 7 21 22 fundisp t2.fits AKEY KEY C D ----------- ------ ------ ------ iii 8 24 25 ggg 6 18 19 eee 4 12 13 ccc 2 6 7 aaa 0 0 1 fundisp t3.fits AKEY KEY E F G ------------ ------ -------- -------- ----------- ggg 6 18 19 100.10 jjj 9 27 28 200.20 aaa 0 0 1 300.30 ddd 3 9 10 400.40 Given these input files, the following funjoin command: funjoin -s -a1 "-B" -a2 "-D" -a3 "-E" -b "AKEY:???" -b1 "AKEY:XXX,A:255" -b3 "G:NaN,E:-1,F:-100" -j key t1.fits t2.fits t3.fits foo.fits will join the files on the KEY column, outputting all columns except B (in t1.fits), D (in t2.fits) and E (in t3.fits), and setting blank values for AKEY (globally, but overridden for t1.fits) and A (in file 1) and G, E, and F (in file 3). A JFILES column will be output to flag which files were used in each row: AKEY KEY A AKEY_2 KEY_2 C AKEY_3 KEY_3 F G JFILES ------------ ------ ------ ------------ ------ ------ ------------ ------ -------- ----------- -------- aaa 0 0 aaa 0 0 aaa 0 1 300.30 7 bbb 1 3 ??? 0 0 ??? 0 -100 nan 1 ccc 2 6 ccc 2 6 ??? 0 -100 nan 3 ddd 3 9 ??? 0 0 ddd 3 10 400.40 5 eee 4 12 eee 4 12 ??? 0 -100 nan 3 fff 5 15 ??? 0 0 ??? 0 -100 nan 1 ggg 6 18 ggg 6 18 ggg 6 19 100.10 7 hhh 7 21 ??? 0 0 ??? 0 -100 nan 1 XXX 0 255 iii 8 24 ??? 0 -100 nan 2 XXX 0 255 ??? 0 0 jjj 9 28 200.20 4 SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funjoin(1)