Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: system() in carbon & FTP
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) system() in carbon & FTP Post 302345639 by lectersmeal on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 08:02:23 PM
Old 08-19-2009
Error system() in carbon & FTP

Hey, I'm trying to establish a connection to FTP in carbon using the system() function, but I'm not sure how to supply my FTP password in the same command.

For example, I have:

Code:
system("ftp myusername@mydomain.net");

It then obviously prompts for the password, so I tried this (below) but it doesn't work either.
Code:
system("ftp myusername@mydomain.net; mypassword");

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux as FTP & Mail server

How do i setup my linux server to act as a internal ftp server. i have 30 machines who would want to log onto external ftp servers ( for hosting and stuff ). They would have to go through a ftp server on the network server to get outside to the internet? What program on linux would i use How... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AFP & FTP Bandwidth Monitoring?

Is there a way to monitor FTP and AFP bandwidth on a per user basis? AFP = AppleFilesharingProtocol, and by monitor, I don't mean graphs, I mean getting raw byte counts I can use in my scripts any way I choose. I am attempting to use mod_watch to monitor virtual domain bandwidth usage, but I really... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: l008com
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slow FTP & SMB

SCO Unix 5.0.5 moving to Red Hat Intel EtherExpress Pro/100+ Newbie that just started working for a company and having an issue with transfer speeds over the network. Need to move 1.5GB of data from an old server with a single SCSI HDD to a new server with RAID 5 SATA HDD's. Goal was to FTP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockboles
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

diable telnet & ftp

Hi All, I need to stop all the services for telnet & FTP as we want our server to be more secure. Please give me some steps for jumping to SSH protocol. How can i disable telnet & ftp service on my server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep_desh
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP, DNS & BIND

Hi GURUs, I have two queries. 1)I know I can use FTP clients for my File transfer needs, but I want to learn FTP thru command line, any one can point me to some good online resource available to learn FTP command line with examples, of course free except UNIX man pages. 2) Our company has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patras
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about AT&T's System V?

im wondering if System V is still existing and can be downloaded? is it possible that system V can run on modern hardware nowadays? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slowchem
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP & login

Folks; Is there a way in UNIX to do the following: When users use FTP to login to a mounted drive on Solaris server, if that was their first time login a home directory for that user will be created & if the home directory exists it won't create a home directory (user should not have a login... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

FTP drag & drop

I have enabled FTP for my RHEL 5.8 server. I want to drag a file from my windows session and drop it to the FTP browser session but I am not able to do it as the file is not dragging. I hope my query is clear that the drag & drop from the windows session to the FTP browser session running on Red... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
IO::All::FTP(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::All::FTP(3pm)

NAME
IO::All::FTP - Extends IO::All to FTP URLs SYNOPSIS
use IO::All; "hello world " > io('ftp://localhost/test/x'); # save to FTP io('ftp//example.org/pub/xyz') > io('xyz'); # GET to file # two ways of getting a file with a password: $content < io('ftp://me:secret@example.org/xyz'); $content < io('ftp://example.org/xyz')->user('me')->password('secret'); DESCRIPTION
This module extends IO::All for dealing with FTP URLs. Note that you don't need to use it explicitly, as it is autoloaded by IO::All whenever it sees something that looks like an FTP URL. METHODS
This is a subclass of IO::All::LWP. The only new method is "ftp", which can be used to create a blank IO::All::FTP object; or it can also take an FTP URL as a parameter. Note that in most cases it is simpler just to call io('ftp//example.com'), which calls the "ftp" method automatically. OPERATOR OVERLOADING
The same operators from IO::All may be used. < GETs an FTP URL; > PUTs to an FTP URL. SEE ALSO
IO::All::LWP, IO::All, LWP. AUTHORS
Ivan Tubert-Brohman <itub@cpan.org> and Brian Ingerson <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007. Ivan Tubert-Brohman and Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.10.0 2007-03-29 IO::All::FTP(3pm)