Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing config file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing config file Post 302345467 by rajeshorpu on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 09:59:44 AM
Old 08-19-2009
Parsing config file

Hi All,

I have a requirement to parse a file.

Let me clear you all on the req.

I have a job which contains multiple tasks and each task will have multiple attributes that will be in the below format. Each task will have some sequence number according to that sequence number tasks shld execute.

Code:
S.No. SeqNo# TaskID |Task Name | Attribute Name| Attribute Value1 1 1 | Java | classpath | sample.jar2 1 1 | Java | Runtime | -Xms -5123 2 2 | StoredPro | DB | sample.ini4 2 2 | StoredPro | ProcName | get_emp()
Like in the above format the infomation is written into the file.

The above job has 2 tasks (java, storedPro) with multiple attributes to each job. For example Java:- classpath, Runtime

I want to parse the file and and pick up the task and its attributes and execute as per the sequence number like java has to execute first with all attributes and stored proc fallows.

Please advice how can i achieve this.

Appriciate if any links or sample code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from text file based on configuration set in config file

Hi , a:) i have configuration file with pattren <Range start no>,<Range end no>,<type of records to be extracted from the data file>,<name of the file to store output> eg: myfile.confg 9899000000,9899999999,DATA,b.dat 9899000000,9899999999,SMS,a.dat b:) Stucture of my data file is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suparnbector
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with parsing config variables

I am using MKS tool kit on windows server. One config variable is defined in windows environment and I am trying to use that variable. # Below RootDir is defined in windows RootDir="\\f01\var" # in unix script details="$RootDir/src|$RootDir/tgt" src=`echo $details|awk -F '|' '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhukalyan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help parsing config file in ksh

Hi all, I've done some searching here but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for so I thought I'd post up and see if someone can help out. I'm working on a shell script that I would like to store environment variables in an external file. I'm familiar with sourcing a file with variables in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kungfusnwbrdr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing config-file (perl)

Hi, i'm trying to parse a config file that have alot of rows similar to this one: Example value value value What i want to do is to split and save the row above in a hash, like this: Example = value value value Basically i want to split on the first whitespace after the first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikemikemike
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Nagios service config files with awk

Hope someone can help, I've been pulling my hair out with this one... I've written a shell script that does a sanity check on our quite extensive Nagios configuration for anything that needs cleaning up but wouldn't make the Nagios daemon necessarily bork or complain. One section of the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinbob
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a config file using bash

Hi , I have a config _file that has 3 columns (Id Name Value ) with many rows . In my bash script i want to be able to parse the file and do a mapping of any Id value so if i have Id of say brand1 then i can use the name (server5X) and Value (CCCC) and so on ... Id Name ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nano2
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies
disown(1)							   User Commands							 disown(1)

NAME
disown - ksh93 built-in function to disassociate a job with the current shell SYNOPSIS
disown [job ...] DESCRIPTION
The ksh93 disown command prevents the current shell from sending a HUP signal to each of the specified jobs when the current shell termi- nates a login session. If job is omitted, disown sends the HUP signal to the most recently started or stopped background job. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: job Specifies the job or jobs on which disown operates. Specify job as one of the following: number Refers to a process ID. -number Refers to a process group ID. %number Refers to a job number. %string Refers to a job whose name begins with string. %?string Refers to a job whose name contains string. %+ or %% Refers to the current job. %- Refers to the previous job. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 One or more specified jobs does not exist. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Disowning a Job The following example disowns job 1: example% disown %1 AUTHORS
David Korn, dgk@research.att.com ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bg(1), jobs(1), ksh93(1), wait(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 18 Apr 2007 disown(1)