Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Resolve IP to Hostname?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Resolve IP to Hostname? Post 302345455 by McGuywer on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 09:24:12 AM
Old 08-19-2009
Thank you for the reply.
But,

What I actually want it the get the hostname of an IP.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Cannot Resolve Host Name

I am running LexMark MarkNetPro-3 print servers on my AIX network. All of the sudden, none of my printers will print anymore. I am getting an error message on the console: Unable to resolve host name. This message comes up everytime a user submits a print job. Any Ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do u resolve this????

Please help me on how to resolve: 1-unresponsive terminals 2-unresponsive applications 3-how to interrupt processe p.s unix/linux OS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zizu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Resolve a Variable

Hi I have a variable which is a path ie: UBERROR=/cobwrk/mchr/prodsup/ub/wrk/../error is there anyway I can get the output of an echo to read: #echo $UBERROR /cobwrk/mchr/prodsup/ub/error instead of #echo $UBERROR /cobwrk/mchr/prodsup/ub/wrk/../error Many thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

please resolve the below problem

#!/bin/sh # 'clear' for i in $(seq -w 15 37) do echo $i echo The content in Z Z=`wget --dns-timeout=0.001 http://napdweb${i}.eao.abn-iad.ea.com:8000/webcore/test/test.jsp` echo $Z A="Connection timed out." echo The content in A echo $A expr "$A" : '..\(...\)' echo $A done ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerumahanthi41
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please resolve it

#!/bin/sh# 'clear'for i in $(seq -w 15 37)doecho $iecho The content in ZZ=`wget --dns-timeout=0.001 http://napdweb${i}.eao.abn-iad.ea.co.../test/test.jsp`echo $ZA="Connection timed out."echo The content in Aecho $Aexpr "$A" : '..\(...\)'echo $Adone Hi,Please see the above program. The above... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerumahanthi41
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can I use bind9 to resolve only ONE hostname in a zone?

Hi there, I have the following problem. I have a Debian server with bind9. I can also use my ISP DNS server through the internet box (192.168.1.1). I would like to fool my client workstation to a local machine when they query for one specific hostname within a domain. I want to let the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokonut95
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to resolve the below script

Dear Members, Please help me to resolve below script. The script is used to send the attachment in the mail with all the details. However in one of the incidents, the attachment in the mail was blank. Now the client is after me to get it resolved ASAP. So prompt response would be highly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SKO_TC
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

HP UX - ILO Console hostname different than Machine Hostname...

Hi All, So we added a new HP-UX 11.31 machine. Copied OS via Ignite-UX (DVD)over from this machine called machine_a. It was supposed to be named machine_c. And it is when you log in...however when I'm in the ILO console before logging in, it says: It should say: What gives? And how do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hostname -f hostname: Unknown host

deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)