Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How can we find out who are all logged out recently? Post 302345357 by zaxxon on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 03:38:10 AM
Old 08-19-2009
Check the output of the last command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find station from where is logged in

for secure access purposes I want to know where somebody logs in working in K shell I have who am i= giving user and terminal =gxb pts/4 Jan 22 15:0 finger user => gives all sessions of user = Login name: gxb Directory: /home/gxb ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghislain
17 Replies

2. Solaris

how to find who logged in

Hi, How do I find who logged in last 30 days? I have last command command, but is there any option to find only last 30 days? Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find recently updated files in home directory

Is there a shell command that will allow me to list index files in the /home directory for all users on a server that have been updated within the past 24 hours? (e.g. index.htm .html .php in/home/user1/public_html /home/user2/public_html /home/user3/public_html etc ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kain
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find recently modified/ updated file

hi gurus, i would like to know how can i find logs files which were recently modified or updated? :confused: using this command? find . -name "*.log" -mtime ?? so what should i put for mtime? thanks. wee (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find most recently modified directories

How do I do it? Simple answers preferred... using BASH.. the less code the better. I want to find out where Indesign is caching PDF tmp data ... I figure this is a good way to do it.. either way i wanna know how to do it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find user owner of the most recently file in the system

Good evening everybody, I have to find the user owner of the most recently file in the system How can I do? :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find recently changed files

Hi, Can you guys tell me how do i find the most recently changed files, say an hour before, few hours before, a day before etc.... Thanks!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find top 3 users currently logged on

For the first 3 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find who logged in system apart from myself

Hi, I need to find the users logged in the system beside me. as uname -u gives all the user and uname -um gives the current user on system. How can i get result of uname -u minus uname -um . I want to do it in one line. tried with grep but not successful. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find Files Created Recently and Print

Hi, I'm looking to create a script which will find all the files created in the last 24h in a directory starting with a few different letters and send them to the printer. This would be run through the cron each morning to print the last 24 hours files. I have started with this to find all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rab
2 Replies
leave(1)						      General Commands Manual							  leave(1)

NAME
leave - remind you when you have to leave SYNOPSIS
[hhmm] DESCRIPTION
The command waits until the specified time, then reminds you to leave. You are reminded 5 minutes and 1 minute before the actual time, at the time, and every minute thereafter. When you log off, exits. The time of day is in the form hhmm, where hh is a time in hours (which can range from 0 through 11 or 0 through 24 hours), and mm is the number of minutes after the specified hour. If the value of hh is greater than 11 (24-hour clock time), the specified value is reduced by 12 to a new value in the range of 0 through 11, thus ensuring that the alarm time is always set to activate within the next 12 hours. For example, if hhmm is 1350 and the current time is 4:00 PM (1600), the 1350 value is changed to 150 and the alarm is set for 1:50 AM, nine hours and 50 minutes later. On the other hand, if it is 9:00 AM and hhmm is specified as 2200 (10:00 PM), the value used is converted to 1000 and the alarm is set for one hour later instead of 13 hours as specified. If no argument is provided, prompts with A reply of newline causes to exit; otherwise the reply is assumed to be a time. This form is suitable for inclusion in a or file. The command ignores interrupts, quits, and terminate signals. To get rid of it you should either log off or use giving its process ID. EXAMPLES
The command sends an alarm (a beep) to your terminal to remind you that you have to leave at 12:04 and reminds you that you are late at one minute intervals after 12:04. WARNINGS
The command checks to see if a user has logged out by checking the file every 100 seconds. If a user logs out and logs back in to the same tty before makes its periodic check, may not know that the user has logged out. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
calendar(1). leave(1)