Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - Problems iwith colors while printing from dynamic array at runtime.. Post 302345170 by som.nitk on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 03:18:17 PM
Old 08-18-2009
Perl - Problems iwith colors while printing from dynamic array at runtime..

Hi Perl folks,
I am having problems printing elements from an array at runtime.
I wish to push elements into array at runtime and the print it later.
Now I wish to print this matrix using colors.

So I do something like this to enter the runtime values in array:
Code:
                        for(my $i = 0; $i < $#block_array_750; $i++)
                        {
                                if ($compare_var eq $block_array_750[$i])
                                {
                                        #print "Val: $block_array_750[$i],Hash: $running_hotfix_hash{$key} Plat: $platform\n";
if ($running_hotfix_hash{$key} eq "FIN") { $status = BOLD WHITE "FIN", RESET; }
if ($running_hotfix_hash{$key} eq "RUN") { $status = BOLD RED "RUN", RESET; }
if ($running_hotfix_hash{$key} eq "INP") { $status = BOLD GREEN "INP", RESET; }
if ($running_hotfix_hash{$key} eq "HLD") { $status = BOLD WHITE "HLD", RESET; }
if ($running_hotfix_hash{$key} eq "CAN") { $status = BOLD WHITE "CAN", RESET; }
if ($running_hotfix_hash{$key} eq "PND") { $status = BOLD YELLOW "PND", RESET; }
                                        if ($platform eq "HP")  {$block_array_750[$i+1] = $status;}
                                        if ($platform eq "HPX") {$block_array_750[$i+2] = $status;}
                                        if ($platform eq "SUN") {$block_array_750[$i+3] = $status;}
                                        if ($platform eq "AIX") {$block_array_750[$i+4] = $status;}
                                }
                        }

Now sometime later in code, I am printing this array:

Code:
sub DisplayMatrix
{
        print "\n";
        for (my $i =0; $i < $#array_750; $i++)
        {
                print "\t\t\t$array_750[$i]\t\t$array_750[$i+1]\t\t$array_750[$i+2]\t\t$array_750[$i+3]\t\t$array_750[$i+4]\n";
                $i += 4;
}

But while printing the matrix, the colored rows are not indented properly. They tend to shift to left or right making the whole indentation unproper.
Just to add more, I observed if I dont use colors the matrix printing is proper. Also those rows are dislocated which have colors in them.
Is this a problem with colors?

How can I use colors and keep the matrix indentation proper?
Please advise.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a dynamic array in ksh

Hi, Is it possible to create a dynamic array in shell script. I am trying to get the list of logfiles that created that day and put it in a dynamic array. I am not sure about it. help me New to scripting Gundu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gundu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Array Issue

Could one of you, please, provide some input regarding my problem below and it is as follows: I have 2 files that I need to make sure are identical before processing: First, I sort both files Second, I do a diff file1 file2 > File 3 This provides me with the difference. Now, I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddedic
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a dynamic array

i want to create an array the array elements are populated depending upon the number of entries present in a data file The data file is created dynamically how to achieve the same thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl colors in nedit editor

Hi, I would like to change the color of the nedit editor for perl scripts. I tried to find the .nedit file in my $HOME directory but didn't find it. Can anyone tell where can I find the .nedit file or where can I modify the color for perl scripts in the nedit editor ? Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

6. Programming

Creating an array to hold posix thread ids: Only dynamic array works

I am facing a strange error while creating posix threads: Given below are two snippets of code, the first one works whereas the second one gives a garbage value in the output. Snippet 1 This works: -------------- int *threadids; threadids = (int *) malloc (num_threads * sizeof(int)); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmehta
4 Replies

7. Programming

array dynamic allocation

Hi, I have the following problem: i must allocate a dynamic array from a subroutine which should return such array to main function. The subroutine has already a return parameter so i thought of pass the array as I/O parameter. I tried the following program but it doesn't work (segmentation... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
11 Replies

8. Solaris

Runtime Linker Problems ld.so.1

Hello all, I am releatively new to Solaris and I am the System administrator for my branch at the FAA. This is the first time I can say I have really messed something up thankfully. My issue came up after installing and uninstalling Oracle Secure Backup which i felt I needed to do a clean... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbirkes
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Array name determined at runtime

I'm working on a ksh script and was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to access an array by a variable that is determined at runtime? I have created a test example below, but essentially I will have declared and populated an array (see colorArray below). What I'd like to do is access... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bs103950
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash array variables are changed in loop runtime

I am trying to check whether particular host and port are responding or not. I am using below script to check. but node_port array that i am using in loop is getting replaced with previous iteration value. Script and output is given. Please help me to understanding why node_port values are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
5 Replies
Printexc(3o)							   OCaml library						      Printexc(3o)

NAME
Printexc - Facilities for printing exceptions. Module Module Printexc Documentation Module Printexc : sig end Facilities for printing exceptions. val to_string : exn -> string Printexc.to_string e returns a string representation of the exception e . val print : ('a -> 'b) -> 'a -> 'b Printexc.print fn x applies fn to x and returns the result. If the evaluation of fn x raises any exception, the name of the exception is printed on standard error output, and the exception is raised again. The typical use is to catch and report exceptions that escape a func- tion application. val catch : ('a -> 'b) -> 'a -> 'b Printexc.catch fn x is similar to Printexc.print , but aborts the program with exit code 2 after printing the uncaught exception. This function is deprecated: the runtime system is now able to print uncaught exceptions as precisely as Printexc.catch does. Moreover, calling Printexc.catch makes it harder to track the location of the exception using the debugger or the stack backtrace facility. So, do not use Printexc.catch in new code. val print_backtrace : Pervasives.out_channel -> unit Printexc.print_backtrace oc prints an exception backtrace on the output channel oc . The backtrace lists the program locations where the most-recently raised exception was raised and where it was propagated through function calls. Since 3.11.0 val get_backtrace : unit -> string Printexc.get_backtrace () returns a string containing the same exception backtrace that Printexc.print_backtrace would print. Since 3.11.0 val record_backtrace : bool -> unit Printexc.record_backtrace b turns recording of exception backtraces on (if b = true ) or off (if b = false ). Initially, backtraces are not recorded, unless the b flag is given to the program through the OCAMLRUNPARAM variable. Since 3.11.0 val backtrace_status : unit -> bool Printexc.backtrace_status() returns true if exception backtraces are currently recorded, false if not. Since 3.11.0 val register_printer : (exn -> string option) -> unit Printexc.register_printer fn registers fn as an exception printer. The printer should return None or raise an exception if it does not know how to convert the passed exception, and Some s with s the resulting string if it can convert the passed exception. Exceptions raised by the printer are ignored. When converting an exception into a string, the printers will be invoked in the reverse order of their registrations, until a printer returns a Some s value (if no such printer exists, the runtime will use a generic printer). Since 3.11.2 OCamldoc 2012-06-26 Printexc(3o)