Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Directory details with FIND
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Directory details with FIND Post 302345068 by gio001 on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 10:42:51 AM
Old 08-18-2009
Directory details with FIND

Hello,
an easy question, I hope.
What would be the way to produce a result from the following find statement that would also include for each line in the output the details usually associated with the ls -ltr command?
Here is the find I am using:
Code:
find . -name "*.prg" -exec grep "test line" {} /dev/null \;

Hope you can help.
Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How to find the os and h/w details

Hi Need to know the version(suse/redhat) and processor info(x86/itanium/amd etc). I tried uname -a but cannot understand what is what... Linux myworkhost 2.4.21-4.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Oct 3 17:52:56 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux I dont have the root password, I can only ssh and have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiri2000
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to find out unix server details

I like to find out Server Drive/Storage Specifications like Drive Size? Storage Type: Local or SAN ? Number of Processors: Processor Speed: Memory: please someone help me out how I can get from command line? Thanks you in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thopputhurai
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Find server details

Hi experts Is there a command or a way in Solaris to find server details like this: SUN240R 2 @ 160MHz CPU 1Gb memory Solaris8 lan0 (16SV LAN) 100FD lan1 (45CI LAN) 100FD lan2 (8CON LAN) 10HD lan3 (38SY LAN) 100HD Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lalelle
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Need some help to find out hardware details

hi all i am looking for some command or utility to find out hard ware details. 1. How should i know whether my network adapter is a fibre card or RJ25 (upd) card (ethtool in linux) 2. How to check physical connectivity. ("mii-tool eth0" in linux) 3. How to find pci devices with exact details.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingston
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find MQ details on Solaris 5.8?

Hi All, I want to find MQ details on a solaris 5.8 server , does anyone knows the command to findout the details I have used below command to find the following o/p command pkginfo | grep -i mq o/p application mqm WebSphere MQ for Sun Solaris application... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find directory listing from root to all files in tree format with details of perm/own/grp?

Hi, My apologies if my query is already available on this forum but I am new and could not find. I need a script to list all directories/sub directories and files with permissions/groups/owners. The script would run from home directory and should capture every directory. How do I do this? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 8709711
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parent Child directory and file details

Kindly help below command details in UNIX. 1.What is the Unix command to see parent and child directory details starting from root directory in tree structure using LS-LRT or any other way 2.What is the Unix command to see parent and child directory details starting from root directory in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skp
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to find the details of Fonts on AIX?

Hi, Can someone help me out, how I can find the details of the Fonts installed on AIX, details such as the font type, directory, Non-Latin Fonts like Greek, Hebrew, or Arabic, starting with Arabic Objective: Oracle Reports creates PDF on AIX we want to use ARABIC Fonts which are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies
sane-find-scanner(1)					   SANE Scanner Access Now Easy 				      sane-find-scanner(1)

NAME
sane-find-scanner - find SCSI and USB scanners and their device files SYNOPSIS
sane-find-scanner [-h|-?] [-v] [-q] [-p] [-f] [-F filename] [devname] DESCRIPTION
sane-find-scanner is a command-line tool to find SCSI and USB scanners and determine their Unix device files. Its primary aim is to make sure that scanners can be detected by SANE backends. For SCSI scanners, it checks the default generic SCSI device files (e.g., /dev/sg0) and /dev/scanner. The test is done by sending a SCSI inquiry command and looking for a device type of "scanner" or "processor" (some old HP scanners seem to send "processor"). So sane-find-scanner will find any SCSI scanner connected to those default device files even if it isn't supported by any SANE backend. For USB scanners, first the USB kernel scanner device files (e.g. /dev/usb/scanner0), /dev/usb/scanner, and /dev/usbscanner) are tested. The files are opened and the vendor and device ids are determined, if the operating system supports this feature. Currently USB scanners are only found this way if they are supported by the Linux scanner module or the FreeBSD or OpenBSD uscanner driver. After that test, sane-find-scanner tries to scan for USB devices found by the USB library libusb (if available). There is no special USB class for scanners, so the heuristics used to distinguish scanners from other USB devices is not perfect. sane-find-scanner also tries to find out the type of USB chip used in the scanner. If detected, it will be printed after the vendor and product ids. sane-find-scanner will even find USB scan- ners, that are not supported by any SANE backend. sane-find-scanner won't find most parallel port scanners, or scanners connected to proprietary ports. Some parallel port scanners may be detected by sane-find-scanner -p. At the time of writing this will only detect Mustek parallel port scanners. OPTIONS
-h, -? Prints a short usage message. -v Verbose output. If used once, sane-find-scanner shows every device name and the test result. If used twice, SCSI inquiry informa- tion and the USB device descriptors are also printed. -q Be quiet. Print only the devices, no comments. -p Probe parallel port scanners. -f Force opening all explicitly given devices as SCSI and USB devices. That's useful if sane-find-scanner is wrong in determining the device type. -F filename filename is a file that contains USB descriptors in the format of /proc/bus/usb/devices as used by Linux. sane-find-scanner tries to identify the chipset(s) of all USB scanners found in such a file. This option is useful for developers when the output of "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" is available but the scanner itself isn't. devname Test device file "devname". No other devices are checked if devname is given. EXAMPLE
sane-find-scanner -v Check all SCSI and USB devices for available scanners and print a line for every device file. sane-find-scanner /dev/scanner Look for a (SCSI) scanner only at /dev/scanner and print the result. sane-find-scanner -p Probe for parallel port scanners. SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-scsi(5), sane-usb(5), scanimage(1), xscanimage(1), xsane(1), sane-"backendname"(5) AUTHOR
Oliver Rauch, Henning Meier-Geinitz and others SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
USB support is limited to Linux (kernel, libusb), FreeBSD (kernel, libusb), NetBSD (libusb), OpenBSD (kernel, libusb). Detecting the vendor and device ids only works with Linux or libusb. SCSI support is available on Irix, EMX, Linux, Next, AIX, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and HP-UX. BUGS
No support for most parallel port scanners yet. Detection of USB chipsets is limited to a few chipsets. 13 Jul 2008 sane-find-scanner(1)