Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to delete a file with a strange name -f ? Post 302344803 by scripter.online on Monday 17th of August 2009 03:55:15 PM
Old 08-17-2009
Good post :-)

Code:

$ ls -ltr|tail -1
-rw-r--r--    1 scripter     scripterworld          0 Aug 17 21:46 -f
$ find . -name -f -exec ls -ltrh {} \;
-rw-r--r--    1 scripter     scripterworld          0 Aug 17 21:46 ./-f
$ find . -name -f -exec rm {} \;
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange file

Hi everybody, Does anyone knows what is that strange file below:"disk_query" ?? What else does we know about it and how big is it? Thanks # uname -a HP-UX coolp01 B.10.20 A 9000/785 2014535552 two-user license # pwd /var/sam # ls -l total 158 -rw-rw-rw- 1 root sys ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guest100
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Strange difference in file size when copying LARGE file..

Hi, Im trying to take a database backup. one of the files is 26 GB. I am using cp -pr to create a backup copy of the database. after the copying is complete, if i do du -hrs on the folders i saw a difference of 2GB. The weird fact is that the BACKUP folder was 2 GB more than the original one! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange File Problem

I will try to provide as many details as possible but this one has me scratching my head... A few months ago I was asked to set up a test syslog server for internal use only. I chose to go the following route for simplicity: 1. I used Gentoo Linux so that I could have the most stripped down... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

4. Programming

strange situation in file

Hi All, I am writing some data's into a file from C++ program. The files which i am writing is of fixed length . say 232 in length per line. I am writing as . my c code is as ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error while splitting a file

Hi folks I am facing a strange error while splitting a '|' delimited file 'file1' based on column '3'. (File is 40 columns wide). I wish to create as many files 'file_n' from the file 'file1' as distinct values of the column '3'; in 'file1' eg: file1: qwe|qweqw|123|fg... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerslave
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange file format processing

hi i have file (a metadata type file ) in this format record string("|") isxml ; string("|") billing_type ; string("|") billing_type_desc ; string("|") ods_create_date ; string("|") ods_update_date ; string("|") event_key ; string("|") target_pid ; string("|") open_date ; string("|")... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: etl_guy
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange error: grep does not read from file

I have two files file1.txt angie mary susan file2.txt angie blond mary brunnet susan red christine blackI want to get this output angie blond mary brunnet susan redI write grep --file=file1.txt file2.txtand i get no results i also wrote cat file1.txt|while read line... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a file that may contain strange characters

Hello unix users :) I am trying to grep a string from a file that both the file and the string may have characters in them that are quite... strange, like würzburger. Well, bash reads this as W%C3%BCrzburger For example, if i do wget W%C3%BCrzburger the output is: --2012-01-08... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange situation of file sorting and merging

I have a strange situation of sorting and merging two files based on similar columns previusly both files has same count of records so, I made below way which is working fine until they reduced the count of one files . I.e. some times the count of records of both will same and some times it... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
16 Replies

10. Solaris

Strange space consumption on file-system

Hello, I have a x86 Solaris server running on VMWare. c1t0d0 is root disk of 40 GB. I am not able to find, where space is being consumed. It just available space is 2.6 GB only. There is no quota or reservation set. Can somebody give me some pointer to fix it ? -bash-3.2# zpool list NAME ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies
DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)						      dh-exec							  DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)

NAME
dh-exec-subst - Debhelper executable file substition scripts SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec src/libfoo-*.so.* debian/foo-plugins/usr/lib/foo/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/ DESCRIPTION
Being a sub-command of dh-exec(1), this program must not be ran directly, but through dh-exec, which automatically runs all available sub-commands if run bare; or explicitly with dh-exec --with=subst. It is a wrapper around the various other substitution helpers, and will pipe the input file through all the available substitution helpers. It is up to these scripts to do the actual work. When a helper fails to expand a variable within its input, it will leave it as-is, so that later in the pipeline it can perhaps be expanded by another program. SCRIPTS
dh-exec-subst-env Substitutes any of the available, exported environment variables into its input. It does not do any kind of filtering: whatever is available in the environment, will be available for substitution, however unsafe that may be. dh-exec-subst-multiarch Attempts to expand any of the variables known to dpkg-architecture(1), mostly useful for multi-arch support. The command will query dpkg-architecture(1) directly, and does not rely on environment variables set (as the called program will prefer already set environment variables anyway). ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR Indicates which directory the command-specific scripts should be sought for. If not specified, scripts will be searched for in /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-subst-* The various scripts for the higher-level program. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec-subst is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC-SUBST(1)