Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to change keyboard layout Post 302344728 by solaris_user on Monday 17th of August 2009 11:52:17 AM
Old 08-17-2009
Tried but system was unable to boot , so I returned original Xorg.conf file .

Can I transfer all my settings from OpenSolaris to Solaris ???

Last edited by solaris_user; 08-17-2009 at 05:33 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Keyboard Layout

ok, I am having a seriouse problem! I can not wite in my landguidge, I live in sweden but I seem to have an american keyboard layout so I cant write some letters and all the key commands are all messed up. Does anyone know where I can find a swedisch keyboard layout? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Keyboard layout

Hi, How do i go about changing the keyboard layout to the UK layout. currently the @ symbol on the keyboard appears as a " sybol on the monitor. Many Thanks in advance Kam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishnura
1 Replies

3. Linux

Changing default keyboard layout in Linux

Hi I have Fedora linux with XFCE desktop. I want to use Indic lanquage in that. I have installed unicode devnagri fonts. But I am not able to change my default keyboard layout. How can I change default keyboard layout in XFCE or through command line. Thanks NeeleshG (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

After Solaris 10 installation I was unable to change keyboard using known commands kbd -s and eeprom keyboard layoit. Also modifinig /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc did not helped. And is possible to replace Solaris keymap with ubuntu keymap because my keyboard work perfectly under Ubuntu and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to understand disk layout and where are the free space

Hi I am unable to understand the disk layout of one of my disk attached to v240. This is newly installed system from jumpstart. I am unable to see the free space on backup slice 2 and there are 0 to 8 slices listed when I run format and print the disk info, also there is no reference of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

6. Hardware

Keyboard layout based on scancodes?

I would like to make a new keyboard layout that moves the modifier keys around. The problem is that this needs to be an xkb layout, because I still need to be able to switch to the Qwerty layout and the layout of my native language. Is there a way to write an xkb layout that works on the keycodes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies
LOCALE.CONF(5)							    locale.conf 						    LOCALE.CONF(5)

NAME
locale.conf - Configuration file for locale settings SYNOPSIS
/etc/locale.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/locale.conf file configures system-wide locale settings. It is read at early boot by systemd(1). The basic file format of locale.conf is a newline-separated list of environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments, no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. Note that the kernel command line options locale.LANG=, locale.LANGUAGE=, locale.LC_CTYPE=, locale.LC_NUMERIC=, locale.LC_TIME=, locale.LC_COLLATE=, locale.LC_MONETARY=, locale.LC_MESSAGES=, locale.LC_PAPER=, locale.LC_NAME=, locale.LC_ADDRESS=, locale.LC_TELEPHONE=, locale.LC_MEASUREMENT=, locale.LC_IDENTIFICATION= may be used to override the locale settings at boot. The locale settings configured in /etc/locale.conf are system-wide and are inherited by every service or user, unless overridden or unset by individual programs or individual users. Depending on the operating system, other configuration files might be checked for locale configuration as well, however only as fallback. /etc/vconsole.conf is usually created and updated using systemd-localed.service(8). localectl(1) may be used to alter the settings in this file during runtime from the command line. Use systemd-firstboot(1) to initialize them on mounted (but not booted) system images. OPTIONS
The following locale settings may be set using /etc/locale.conf: LANG=, LANGUAGE=, LC_CTYPE=, LC_NUMERIC=, LC_TIME=, LC_COLLATE=, LC_MONETARY=, LC_MESSAGES=, LC_PAPER=, LC_NAME=, LC_ADDRESS=, LC_TELEPHONE=, LC_MEASUREMENT=, LC_IDENTIFICATION=. Note that LC_ALL may not be configured in this file. For details about the meaning and semantics of these settings, refer to locale(7). EXAMPLE
Example 1. German locale with English messages /etc/locale.conf: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 SEE ALSO
systemd(1), locale(7), localectl(1), systemd-localed.service(8), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 LOCALE.CONF(5)