Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to understand if a file is complete Post 302344637 by sickboy on Monday 17th of August 2009 07:37:09 AM
Old 08-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by naw_deepak
Kindly check the file size at both end. There should be very less different in the size as size increases/decreases as per file system.

If there is any corruption in the file after download, any error should come.

If /var/adm/xferlog shows the successful download, it means correct data was downloaded.

Thanks,
Deepak
The problem is that I can check only in my end.
And I want to write a small script that will execute some commands after the transfer is complete in my machine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Processing after complete transfer

Hello everybody I have wriiten a script that, processes a file, only after its found in a particular folder, the files come in via ftp, everyday at different times, morning, afternoon and evening. The script is run every 5 minutes(0,5,10,15,20...55 minutes) of every hour. The problem i am... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karimone
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ensure FTP is complete before using file

Hi, I have a program that checks a directory for new files. A file may be placed in the directory only via FTP from another system. The files are long, the FTP can take several minutes to complete. my program sences that a file has arrived but can't tell if the FTP process that sent it is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

complete file name displayed instead of extension

I am running my script from "/abc/" this path and it has no ".csv files" but has a ".txt" files namely temp1.txt My script goes as below, wherein it is suppose to find files with *.txt extension and *.csv extension in another path namely "/abc/xyz/": #!/bin/ksh PATH1="/abc/xyz/" value="*.csv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolverine999
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Get Complete Date in List of file

Hi, I am unable to get the complete date format in ls command. I need to list file with complete date format in home directory. If I give 2007/01/01 then i should get all the log files below that particular date. Pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

6. Linux

cant understand patch file

I am trying to attach a patch file.The output I am getting is patching file net/ipv4/ip_forward.c Hunk #1 succeeded at 38 (offset -2 lines). Hunk #2 succeeded at 113 with fuzz 2 (offset -2 lines). Hunk #3 FAILED at 152. Hunk #4 succeeded at 197 (offset 1 line). 1 out of 4 hunks FAILED --... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akaash1087
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find complete file names in UNIX if i know only extention of file

Suppose I have a file which contains other file names with some extention . text file containt gdsds sd8ef g/f/temp_temp.sum yyeta t/unix.sum ghfp hrwer h/y/test.text.dat if then.... I want to get the complete file names, like for above file I should get output as temp_temp.sum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchal
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a complete file into another file after certain fixed line

Hi Friends, I am writing a shell script where it is required to insert a file say file1 into file2 after certain number of fixed lines in file2.. Please help me how this could be done.. Please suggest me any useful links i need to go through to achieve this.... Thanks in advance .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amr89
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Scripting : Sort a Portion of a File and not the complete file

Need to sort a portion of a file in a Alphabetical Order. Example : The user adam is not sorted and the user should get sorted. I don't want the complete file to get sorted. Currently All_users.txt contains the following lines. ############## # ARS USERS ############## mike, Mike... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evrurs
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Understand file writing in Progress in UNIX?

Hi All, I have a requirement, where i have to pool file A data to file B continuously and need to process the data in the file B. Since the data need to be processed only once so i have to truncate the data in file A after every pool. So that on the next pooling i can get the fresh data and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayank2211
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)