Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Performing remote operations in a script Post 302344562 by dotancohen on Monday 17th of August 2009 04:23:56 AM
Old 08-17-2009
Thanks! That was almost too easy!

In the event that I need to do an if statement (check if file exists, if so then A if not the B), how can that be accomplished? Is my only option to write the script to the remote server, run it, then erase it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix file operations(shell script)

Hi, I want to compare two files. Files will look like as follows: file1: ASDFGHJU|1234567890123456 QWERTYUI|3456789098900890 file2: ZXCVBVNM|0987654321234567 POLKIJUYH|1234789060985478 output file should be: ASDFGHJU|1234567890123456 QWERTYUI|3456789098900890 Thnaks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performing Script on Multiple Files

Dear All I have group of files named : CDR.1,CDR.2.,CDR.3,CDR.4,CDR.5,CDR.6,etc....... I am performing an awk command look like this : nawk -f script CDR.* What i want is that i want to perform this command on range of files not all of them. Instead of writing CDR.* i want to write... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing fast searching operations with a bash script

Hi, Here is a tough requirement , to be served by bash script. I want to perform 3,00,000 * 10,000 searches. i.e. I have 10,000 doc files and 3,00,000 html files in the file-system. I want to check, which of the doc files are referred in any html files. (ex- <a href="abc.doc">abc</a>)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendriya.dash
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help is manipulating a file with some arithmetic operations using bash script

Friends, I have a file with contents like: interface Serial0/4/0/0/1/1/1/1:0 encapsulation mfr multilink group 101 Now I need to manipulate the file in such a way that to all the numbers less than 163, 63 gets added and to all numbers greater than 163, 63 gets deducted.(The numbers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrijith1
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script (string operations)

Hey everyone. So the background of the problem is that the ps3 does not support the mkv container, but DOES support the avi one. Here is the script to convert one file with the name hardcoded in: #!/bin/sh mencoder -oac... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wua05
2 Replies

6. Programming

shell scripting problems involving operations with remote machine

Hi, i have been developing a shell script to transfer a set of files from one ubuntu system to another. Task: while executing the script the files ( ls, dir, cat) in the source machine should transfer to destination machine(at /home/mac/mac/bin) While the script is executed once again, It... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srijith
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the data from CSV and performing search through shell script

Hello, I am working on building a script that does the below actions together in my Linux server. 1) First, have to read the list of strings mentioned in CSV and store it in the shell script 2) Second, pick one by one from the string list, and search a particular folder for files that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikrams
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File operations are failing inside the script

Hi, does any one know the environmental parameter that I have to set so as to make sure the file operations run properly within the script. right now when I am doing a cat from within the script nothing happens, same is the case when I do a grep. when I am doing awk '{print $0 }' its printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
1 Replies

9. Solaris

write a script to execute some operations on sun solaris

Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.9 Generic May 2002 SUNFIRE V240 if there is a power failure, automatically: write all operations in a log file (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: doudou2012
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing arithmetic operations on output of `wc -l`

Hi I want to perform arithmetic operations on output of `wc -l`. for example user046@sshell ~ $ ls -l total 0 where "total 0" will increase one line in wc -l filecount=`ls -l | wc -l` here $filecount will be 1 but is should be 0 how to get rid of it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandgodse
1 Replies
remote-filesystems(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual				     remote-filesystems(7)

NAME
remote-filesystems - event signalling that remote filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
local-filesystems [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The remote-filesystems event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all remote filesystems listed in fstab(5). moun- tall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. This event is typically used by services that must be started to manage remote filesystems. When it occurs, local filesystems such as /usr may not be mounted. For most normal services the filesystem(7) event is sufficient. This event will never occur before the virtual-filesystems(7) event. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once remote filesystems are mounted might use: start on remote-filesystems SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) local-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) filesystem(7) mountall 2009-12-21 remote-filesystems(7)