Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Damn Small Linux Booting Problems Post 302344414 by Bradj47 on Sunday 16th of August 2009 01:55:44 PM
Old 08-16-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
If you could boot the image without problems but can't boot the image written to disk, there's probably been an error writing the image.
Try again using a lower writing speed and verify the disc after writing.
Last time I used the lowest writing speed available (4x) but I didn't check it. I'll try re-burning. Thanks.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having booting problems

I booted up my SUSE ver 10.1 linux box today. Went to the DOS-type login. Failed to display KDE. I understand this has something to do with levels. But how do I change the default? I know zero about Vi (and don't need to learn it). How do I get the system to boot to KDE again? Best... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dickbash
5 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problems with booting

Hi, I've just installed Centos 5.3 x86_64 into a CPU. I've done a yum update to update the version to Centos 5.4. I then installed mysql, php, apache and phpmyadmin into the system. After the installation of phpmyadmin the screen suddenly goes blank, but the monitor is still on, and the cpu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies
pkg2du(1M)						  System Administration Commands						pkg2du(1M)

NAME
pkg2du - convert driver packages to Driver Update format SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pkg2du [-f] [-v] [-d dir] [-o iso] [-l label] [-r release] pkg [pkg ...] DESCRIPTION
The /usr/bin/pkg2du utility takes one or more packages as input and converts them to Driver Update (DU) format. If the -d option is speci- fied, the resulting DU directory tree is placed in the directory dir. If the -o option is specified, a Solaris ISO image of the DU direc- tory tree is written in the file iso. The ISO image can be burned onto CD/DVD using cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1) (not a SunOS man page) and used during Solaris installation. At least one of the -d and -o options must be specified. If both are specified, then both an ISO image and a directory tree are generated. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d dir Directory where the DU directory should be created. -o iso Create a Solaris ISO image of the DU directory. -f If dir/DU or iso exists, remove it without asking first. -l label Label/volume name of the ISO image (if -o option is specified). -r release Solaris release number to use. It takes the form of the return from uname -r command, for example, 5.10. If unspecified, the release number of the currently running Solaris is used. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pkg [pkg...] One or more packages to be converted to DU format. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating a DU CD/DVD The following commands create a DU CD or DVD containing packages SUNWfoo and SUNWbar. # /usr/bin/pkg2du -r 5.10 -o my.iso SUNWfoo SUNWbar # /usr/bin/cdrw -i my.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), mkcd(1M), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 29 Jul 2008 pkg2du(1M)