Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Damn Small Linux Booting Problems Post 302344390 by mark54g on Sunday 16th of August 2009 11:01:31 AM
Old 08-16-2009
how did you burn the ISO? If you burned it, as some people do, as a file on a CD it will not work. You must burn the CD as a "From image" type. If you were to mount the CD, what are the contents?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having booting problems

I booted up my SUSE ver 10.1 linux box today. Went to the DOS-type login. Failed to display KDE. I understand this has something to do with levels. But how do I change the default? I know zero about Vi (and don't need to learn it). How do I get the system to boot to KDE again? Best... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dickbash
5 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problems with booting

Hi, I've just installed Centos 5.3 x86_64 into a CPU. I've done a yum update to update the version to Centos 5.4. I then installed mysql, php, apache and phpmyadmin into the system. After the installation of phpmyadmin the screen suddenly goes blank, but the monitor is still on, and the cpu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies
readdvd(1)							    readdvd 1.0 							readdvd(1)

NAME
readdvd - is creating an image of your source dvd media or medias even if it has / they have corrupted blocks SYNOPSIS
readdvd [-l] [-h] readdvd -d DEVICE1 [-d DEVICE2] [-d ...] -o file.iso [-s #] [-v] [-vv] DESCRIPTION
readdvd reads even a corrupted dvd and writes the the result into a new image file on your harddisk. DEVICE
can be an IDE, SCSI, SATA, USB or FireWire connected optical drive. Not all SATA controller support all Plextor features. Linux: /dev/hdX: IDE device /dev/scdX: Linux 2.4: SATA, SCSI, USB device, or IDE device via ide-scsi emulation /dev/srX: Linux 2.6: IDE device via new ATA layer, SCSI or USB device OpenBSD/NetBSD: /dev/rcdX FreeBSD: /dev/cd: SCSI device /dev/acd: ATA device MacOS X: /dev/disk: win32: C:,D:,E:, ... X:,Y:,Z: OPTIONS
-l scan busses for all available CD and DVD devices -h help shows available options. -o file.iso write data to imagefile named file.iso -s # read source media with selected speed -v use verbose mode -vv use extended verbose mode INTERACTIVE MODUS
q stop reading media and exit w save sector map which is currently read and continue with the next one EXAMPLES
readdvd -d /dev/sr0 -o filename.iso -s 8 -v create an image filename.bin of inserted media in device /dev/sr0 with read speed 8 in verbose mode. please report man page improvements to T.Maguin@web.de Gennady ShultZ Kozlov 10. April, 2009 readdvd(1)