Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Damn Small Linux Booting Problems Post 302344385 by pludi on Sunday 16th of August 2009 10:42:19 AM
Old 08-16-2009
If you could boot the image without problems but can't boot the image written to disk, there's probably been an error writing the image.
Try again using a lower writing speed and verify the disc after writing.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having booting problems

I booted up my SUSE ver 10.1 linux box today. Went to the DOS-type login. Failed to display KDE. I understand this has something to do with levels. But how do I change the default? I know zero about Vi (and don't need to learn it). How do I get the system to boot to KDE again? Best... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dickbash
5 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problems with booting

Hi, I've just installed Centos 5.3 x86_64 into a CPU. I've done a yum update to update the version to Centos 5.4. I then installed mysql, php, apache and phpmyadmin into the system. After the installation of phpmyadmin the screen suddenly goes blank, but the monitor is still on, and the cpu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies
ISO-READ(1)							   User Commands						       ISO-READ(1)

NAME
iso-read - manual page for iso-read version 0.83 i686-pc-linux-gnu SYNOPSIS
iso-read OPTION... Reads portions of an ISO 9660 image. DESCRIPTION
-d, --debug=INT Set debugging to LEVEL. -i, --image=FILE Read from ISO-9660 image. This option is mandatory -e, --extract=FILE Extract FILE from ISO-9660 image. This option is mandatory. -k, --ignore Ignore read error(s), i.e. keep going --no-header Don't display header and copyright (for regression testing) -o, --output-file=FILE Output file. This option is mandatory. -V, --version display version and copyright information and exit Help options: -?, --help Show this help message --usage Display brief usage message AUTHOR
Rocky Bernstein <rocky@gnu.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011 R. Bernstein This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Have driver: GNU/Linux ioctl and MMC driver Have driver: cdrdao (TOC) disk image driver Have driver: bin/cuesheet disk image driver Have driver: Nero NRG disk image driver Default CD-ROM device: /dev/scd0 SEE ALSO
iso-info(1) for information about an ISO-9660 image. cd-read(1) to read portions of an ISO 9660 image. iso-read version 0.83 i686-pc-linux-gnu October 2011 ISO-READ(1)