Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux how to configure wireless now ? Post 302344289 by Radar on Saturday 15th of August 2009 03:20:24 PM
Old 08-15-2009
It looks as though you have not authenticated with the access point. WPA supplicant is needed to perform the association. You need to provide more information, such as authentication method enabled on the AP. If you're using a connection manager, you can supply those things including the shared key to authenticate with. Also, what Linux distro? Desktop environment?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Wireless programming

Where can i get sources of socket programming for Wireless 802.11? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohnogyz
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Wireless Networking

Does anyone know where can i find advanced and basic information about setting up a WLAN using bluetooth. The operating systems are mandrake 9.0 and windows 2000? Thank you in advance!:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Wireless-G network

Hi, I have a laptop with a Linksys Wireless G PCMCIA card and a cable connection goin into a router and then a patch lead from the router going to a Linksys Wireless G access point IP 192.168.1.245 with DHCP disabled. I can connect to the access point from the laptop, but how do I get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Wireless

Can someone please point me in the correct direction for setting up a wireless card using HP-UX 11iV1? I know its different depending on the type of card I have, but im looking for a direction. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickwinnie
0 Replies

5. Linux

wireless card

Ive been fooling around on my spare laptop and put different cores of Fedora on and the computer uses an ibm a/b/g card but the os wont recognize the card and doesnt have the software fore it is there anyway to get the software for the card on the comp or should i buy a card that the os knows? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

use one wireless card for two pc's

I'm not what this is called so I don't exactly know what to search for to do my homework.:D But I have two IBM T40's and only one wireless internet card. I don't have to money to buy another wireless card, so my question is this: Can I use the card on one system and use an ethenet cable linked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
2 Replies

7. SuSE

How to configure a wireless modem

I bought a wireless modem from '' 3 ''. It has software for Windows users. I talked to their support center. They know nothing about Linux. In Ubuntu, I looked at System --> Administration --> Network I have to click the unlock in the dialog. It recognized wired connections; there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angelo
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Wireless driver

hi every one,please i need a link to download Broadcom WLAN 802.11 b/g driver for RHEL 5.1. thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redhat_9ja
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cannot configure TL-WN727N wireless usb in centos 6.2

hi everybody, iam using 32 bit centos 6.2 on my machine. i have purchase TP-LINK, TL-WN727N wireless usb, but i was not able to install on my desktop. i was not able to find drivers for centos 6.2 official site of TPLINK. $ uname -a Linux workstation 2.6.32-220.el6.i686 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
0 Replies
PAM_AUTHENTICATE(3)						 Linux-PAM Manual					       PAM_AUTHENTICATE(3)

NAME
pam_authenticate - account authentication SYNOPSIS
#include <security/pam_appl.h> int pam_authenticate(pam_handle_t *pamh, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The pam_authenticate function is used to authenticate the user. The user is required to provide an authentication token depending upon the authentication service, usually this is a password, but could also be a finger print. The PAM service module may request that the user enter their username vio the the conversation mechanism (see pam_start(3) and pam_conv(3)). The name of the authenticated user will be present in the PAM item PAM_USER. This item may be recovered with a call to pam_get_item(3). The pamh argument is an authentication handle obtained by a prior call to pam_start(). The flags argument is the binary or of zero or more of the following values: PAM_SILENT Do not emit any messages. PAM_DISALLOW_NULL_AUTHTOK The PAM module service should return PAM_AUTH_ERR if the user does not have a registered authentication token. RETURN VALUES
PAM_ABORT The application should exit immediately after calling pam_end(3) first. PAM_AUTH_ERR The user was not authenticated. PAM_CRED_INSUFFICIENT For some reason the application does not have sufficient credentials to authenticate the user. PAM_AUTHINFO_UNVAIL The modules were not able to access the authentication information. This might be due to a network or hardware failure etc. PAM_MAXTRIES One or more of the authentication modules has reached its limit of tries authenticating the user. Do not try again. PAM_SUCCESS The user was successfully authenticated. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User unknown to authentication service. SEE ALSO
pam_start(3), pam_setcred(3), pam_chauthtok(3), pam_strerror(3), pam(7) Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_AUTHENTICATE(3)