Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Xferlog in solaris (FTP logging) Post 302344067 by methyl on Friday 14th of August 2009 01:18:17 PM
Old 08-14-2009
man ftpd
The xferlog process is turned on with a switch to ftpd . The man page also says where ftpd is normally started.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xferlog

In solaris... Do all ftp jobs get logged only under the /var/adm/xferlog file? Does it log some where else as well? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: expos
2 Replies

2. Solaris

SunOS and ftp logging

Hi, I'd want to enable ftp logging on a SunOS 5.9 machine. I've read some guides I've found on the Internet but, in the syslog file, I stil not have information about that. In the /etc/inetd.conf I have this line: ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd in.ftpd -d ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
8 Replies

3. HP-UX

FTP debug logging

How can I log ftp debug information? I added in /etc/syslog.conf: daemon.debug /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log and then I stopped and started syslogd but it does not log anything... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: untamed
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

on unix, ftp to windows...logging in

I am ftp'ing to one of our network drives to pick up a tar file. In the script, it does the ftp, but doesn't pick up the username and password. Do I need to script these a certain way so it knows this is input? ftp machinename.com userid passwd (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to change pwd during logging on ftp server?

Dear All, Could I change password while login in to ftp server(solaris 10)? I tried to use fileZilla and command prompt(window) to change my password but It can't. Do you have any suggestion ? Ps. I can't telnet and ssh to the server because of poicy for ftpuser. Thank in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Logging Connections in Solaris

Hi All, Is there a built in function/tool in Solaris that enables creation of a history file on any connection (via telnet, ssh, rsh or nfs) to Solaris machine? I would like to create a script that records IP Address, date and timestamp, and command excuted for any connection to a Solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to enable logging in Solaris 10?

hi all, i want to log every thing happen in my server is any body can provide me with articals, pdf's is that correct to log every thing in the system what is the most important thing i should i log it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: corvinusbsd
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Not Logging Anything

Hello, It would appear that my server is no longer logging anything. Last time anything was written to /var/adm/messages and /var/log/syslog was Aug 26 2010. I was told there was a storm and the power went out or something around that time, but there were never any problems. I've tried... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadonj18
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP SERVER logging of files retrieved

Is there any addon or finctionality in ftp (SFTP) Server that definitively indicates if a file was retireved and successfully? I am looking for this type of command with logging so -files retrieved -files deleted by remote users can be logged Must be compatible with AIX and UBUNTU. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdc01
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Not logging ftp connections in /var/adm/wtmpx file (in last command output)

Hi all, I have F5 load balancer on my system and checking service status by opening an ftp session in every 30 seconds. These ftp sessions are being logged in /var/adm/wtmpx and filling up the file. when i run the last command most of the output is this ftp session. I was wondering if there is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cepxat
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)