Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Command to know the Patch Version Post 302344050 by fpmurphy on Friday 14th of August 2009 12:20:13 PM
Old 08-14-2009
This will list all the installed packages by date of installation.
Code:
rpm -q -a --list

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to get the AIX version.

and by the is there any command to get the OS currently running regardless of the constructor (HP, IBM...)? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jericho
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to disply the patch version ?!

Hi , I need to collect all information about the patches in my server , I want to know what is the required patch and how to apply it. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
2 Replies

4. Solaris

command to know ssh version

Hi, I want to know the command to know ssh version on solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How can i see kernel patch version?

Hello experts. How can i see kernel patch version? what are advantages applying that patch? Thanx in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
5 Replies

6. Linux

OS Patch level command

Hi Do let me know how to find OS Patch 's installed on Linux server ? Thanks ~ SPai (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbanala
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Patch command help

Hello All, I have a patch file which contains following types of lines - @@ -617,14 +617,8 @@ What does they signify ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command help version 2.0

Having trouble doing the following things, I know it has something to do with using metacharacters but I'm not able to get it working correctly. I need a command to get a long directory listing of all the files that have: exactly two characters following the letters zot. all files that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakers34kb
1 Replies

9. Debian

Applying patch for Samba version 4.1.17

The version of Samba in our billing server is 4.1.17-Debian. I have been reminded by our management to implement the patch for Samba on this server. However, I am not sure how to implement the patch. I have browsed some websites for the correct patch to implement for Samba 4.1.17, and the patch... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
11 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)