Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Netdump over bonded interface ? Post 302343934 by RuBiCK on Friday 14th of August 2009 06:54:56 AM
Old 08-14-2009
Hello,

If you want to check if netdump is correctly configured and working?

By the client side, when you start netdump the return code doesn't work. I have a client that fails in start and return always exit code 0.

And what about if you check the server side? Each time you start a netdump client, a new log is generated like this:

Code:
[root@box]# cat /var/crash/172.19.113.119-2009-08-24-12:35/log
[...network console startup...]

. I think you could try to restart at same time all netdump servers by cron and test only one time in netdump server.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

netdump/netconsole module

I receive the error belong when attempting to load the netconsole module. Does anyone know how I can resolve this? I downloaded RPM from internal site, so it is trusted. >uname -a Linux indigo 2.6.9-34.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Feb 24 16:56:28 EST 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux > modprobe -a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vada010
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Problems with modules when netdump client starts

Hello, I'm installing a new netdump server and clients. When I try to start a netdump cliente I get the next error: /etc/init.d/netdump start ; echo $? netdump: cannot ping 172.17.128.150 Inicio de netdump /lib/modules/2.4.21-37.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/net/netconsole.o: invalid argument... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuBiCK
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netdump client for FC12

Hi Folks, Do we have netdump client for Fedora 12 ? I have downloaded a netdump-server package for the my netdump-server but can't find netdump client for my FC12 client. When I installed it via yum, it says # yum install netdump Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, security,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

5. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

how to configure netdump to copy the crash in the server itself??

hi, i would like to configure netdump, but saving the var/crash in the server itself, not in another server. could anybody tell me if this is possible? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

9. AIX

Is it possible to configure bonding over bonded interface in AIX?

Hi Everyone, Is it possible to configure bonding over bonded interface in AIX? For example: server has for NIC port: ent0 ent1 ent2 ent3 First I create a EtherChannel ent4 from ent0 and ent1. and then I create a EtherChannel ent5 from ent2 and ent3. Can I create a EtherChannel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
1 Replies
GEMS-SERVER(1)							gems documentation						    GEMS-SERVER(1)

NAME
gems-server - Transmit a shell session in real time. SYNOPSIS
gems-server [-ip ip] [-port p] [-maxconn n] [-wait m] [-log dest] [-noscript] [-script_bin script] gems-server -h | -v DESCRIPTION
Transmits a shell session to be shown in real time in various different computers or terminals. gems-server transmits data in real time to clients via a network connection. Each one of these clients must run the gems-client(1) program to establish connection and receive the transmitted data. Clients can connect and disconnect at any given time, but of course they will only receive the data that is transmitted while they are connected (just like a radio transmission/reception system). The gems system is normally used to transmit a console session and show it in various computers at the same time, but it is also possible to transmit any other kind of data. OPTIONS
-ip IP address where connections will be accepted. -port TCP port. Default: 6666. -maxconn Do not accept more than n simultaneous clients. Default: 25. -wait Wait until m clients are connected before starting the transmission. This is useful to ensure that the first m clients will receive all data transmitted. The default behavior is to start transmission immediately, without waiting for client connections. -log By default, the server does not write log messages. This option configures the destination of logs. The dest argument can be `sys- log' (to log through syslogd(8)), `stderr' (to log through standard error output), or it can be an arbitrary filename (log messages will be appended to the file, if it exists). -noscript By default, the server executes the script(1) program to take terminal data and transmit it. When this option is used the server will not run script, and data will be read form standard input. -script_bin Specifies the location of the script(1). program. Default: /usr/bin/script. -h Show a short help message. -v Show version information. FILES
/var/lock/gems-server.PORT Lock file. gems-server creates this file on initialization and deletes it on exit. PORT is replaced by the TCP port used. gems- server will not run if this file is already present in the system. AUTHORS
Diego Essaya <dessaya@fi.uba.ar> Emiliano Castagnari <ecastag@fi.uba.ar> SEE ALSO
gems-client(1), script(1), syslogd(8) gems AUGUST 2004 GEMS-SERVER(1)