Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HACMP and net cable swaps
Operating Systems AIX HACMP and net cable swaps Post 302343721 by mhenryj on Thursday 13th of August 2009 11:18:09 AM
Old 08-13-2009
HACMP and net cable swaps

I have 2 nodes using AIX 5 and HACMP

My net guru tells me he needs to retire a rack, but some of my cables are plugged into a patch panel in the rack and I need to swap my servers to new cables.

I was hoping to do an on-the-fly swap quickly, but not sure how HACMP will respond to a cable swap.

Any thoughts or concerns?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cable modem to sparc

hi , i have sparc machine , i want to connect my le0 (ethernet interface) directly to cable modem , i have created a file resolv.conf,hosts, dhcp.le0,defaultrouter,nisswitch,hostname.le0. i dont know my cable companies <domain name> and <name server assigned to me> , also they even dont know how... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju
5 Replies

2. BSD

cable modem problem

hi I want to setup my cable modem under OpenBSD. I did not configure my network while installing the system. When I type, I get # ifconfig -a lo0 : .... ... ... rl0 : .... ... ... vr0 : ... ... ... I have two network cards (the machine will be a router). I created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Is the cable you are using a null modem cable or a modem cable

Hi all, Is there any difference between a null modem cable or a modem cable ? i assume that a null modem cable is a normal cable that i used from cpu serial ports to a modem for dialup. please correct if i am wrong, thks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
2 Replies

4. AIX

need AIX console cable

Hello ... I am newbie and will be very grateful for any help. I need a serial console cable for my AIX boxes (seems we have lost the one we had!). However I am confused about the one one to order - UK based if possible. I wonder if anyone can point me at a specific one or the exact spec i need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tim441
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSLeay or Net::FTPSSL

Hello, I ran into an issue in one of my monitoring scripts. If I use the public ip address in my connection string everything works, but if I switch the connection string ip to 127.0.0.1 or the internal ip I get, " Connection refused at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Styles
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Cable link down

We are unable to ping from Sun Ultra 60 to Ultra 10 machine and vice versa. We are getting an error message Cable Link Down ?. It was working fine. Troubleshooting steps taken. 1) Changed the IPaddresses on both machines 192.168.10.10 and 192.168.10.20. These machines connected through 8 port... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrishna
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Different hostnames with reboot while lan cable, no lan cable

I am facing strange problem regarding hostname on my Linux(2.6.18-164.el5xen x86_64 GNU/Linux), the hostname changes if reboot with lan cable and with NO lan cable Reboot with lan cable: The hostname is ubunut Unable to connect Oracle database using sqlplus some times database is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

8. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question on RJ-45 cable

Hi, Quick question on RJ-45 cable. I ran ethernet cable, this cable is about 200 feet long. I only need 100 feet cable, does the extra length going to hurt in terms of speed or signal? Please advise. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

10. Hardware

Cable for SUN x4200 DC

Hello, I have a spare SUN server X4200 with a DC PSU (oracle part number 300-2186) The PSU is the one in the photo I was looking in the net about what cable i can order but i couldn't find anything that fit there :) Any idea? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies
allocate_fs_swapmap(5)						File Formats Manual					    allocate_fs_swapmap(5)

NAME
allocate_fs_swapmap - determines when swapmap structures are allocated for filesystem swap VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values or DESCRIPTION
The tunable is used to determine whether to allocate all needed filesystem swap structures during the initialization of the filesystem swap device or wait until they are needed. Pre-allocation of all filesystem swap structures upon initialization saves time during later usage of the filesystem swap, and prevents later allocation failure due to physical memory contention. Dynamic allocation decreases the memory footprint of the filesystem swap system. Who is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? Systems under heavy memory load may not be able to acquire enough memory to hold the swap mapping structures for an addition of file system swap. These calls to add swap would fail with the error though presumably they would be retried. Frequent failure on file system swap addition with would merit enabling this tunable. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? All the swap map structures for each file system swap device would be preallocated during swap initialization at kernel boot, increasing the memory footprint of the kernel. The amount of increase depends on the number and size of file system swap devices. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? Systems with limited memory available to the kernel that also have limited use of file system swap devices should disable this tunable to decrease kernel memory usage. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? File system swap additions may fail with when memory contention is high. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters allocate_fs_swapmap(5)