Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX To increase timeout for connect function Post 302343676 by saraperu on Thursday 13th of August 2009 09:19:52 AM
Old 08-13-2009
To increase timeout for connect function

Hi All,

Is there any way to increase the timeout of connect() function.

Kindly provide me some information on configuring the TCP/IP timeout period, used during the AIX 'connect()' function call.

Thanks
SP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

timeout

How can I kick a user out after being idle for a certain amount of time, would prefer not to use scripts, will TMOUT work on HP-UX? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

2. Solaris

About the Timeout

Hello everyone I am a new one,I want to know how to get the solaris force the loginer out if he do not in a time thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyh003473
4 Replies

3. Solaris

increase ftp timeout

Dear Experts How is it possible to increase the ftp timeout. After 900 seconds my ftp connection from my PC to a Solaris 8 U60 Workstation is lost due to timeout limitation i guess on the workstation side. Very Best regards Reza (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
1 Replies

4. Programming

connect() function in C++ socket programming

Hello All, I have a problem using connect(...) function in C++. I am using SSH from my windows system to connect it to linux server. The program works fine if I run it directly in Linux machine but I need it to run through windows machine. The function returns -1 and so my program terminates. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smdhd3
3 Replies

5. Solaris

timeout : unable to connect to DNS

i tried to configure DNS on my x86 PC ,in a network but after following all the below mentioned steps , I am getting the message ."timeout : unable to connect to DNS" Steps followed : Step 1. First check that the necessary packages are installed to configure DNS. Step 2. Configure the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kush singh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to increase Timeout values in Configuration File

Hi Guys I am using one configuration file for reading some time out values.The format of the file is A.Type = Number A.Val = 2000 B.Type = Number B.Val = 4000 Now my requirement is I need to write a shell script in Solaris where i need to increase these timeout values by 10 times of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

9. SuSE

Rdesktop connect to opensuse, < > Key without function

Hello all. We have running one xubuntu VM on VMware. On this Desktop System 12.03 32 BIT we connect us through x2go. From this System, we go to by rdesktop to an opensuse vm. But there, our <> key does not work. It is an opensuse VM. The keyboad layout is german, 105 Keys. Any Idea? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)