Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to decide installing a Software group Post 302343646 by shadowfaxxxx on Thursday 13th of August 2009 07:13:49 AM
Old 08-13-2009
Thanks for your reply.

It's very hard and tricky to build a server without GUI which is working in every situation.
However some applications needs GUI but every guide that I read is suggesting to work without GUI due some reasons (security, unused open ports, traditional UNIX usage etc.)

I would like to hear your opinions about this.

Best regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing software

when i d/l files from net "/usr/port/editor/koffice then make" i don't know what excactly have to do after when it finnished d/l it and configure i guess what its done downloading file it configures :confused: the file what do i have to do next I use FREEBSD 4.5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: challenger
3 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

installing new software

Hello, I recently downloaded and installed fedora core 3, and I am triyng to install other software like movie players and so on, when ever I download software for this operating system, I recieve with the software a text file explaining how to install it. The installation instrucions are allways... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: st_matan
1 Replies

3. SuSE

installing software

hi, i have installed suse linux (10) at my home. can anyone tell me how do i install the softwares like players , messengers etc. i am new to linux ,i am learning now. can anyone suggest or post any material so that i can easily go through and learn. thanks in advance. vishwa. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswareddy.32
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Software

Hi all, So I remotly log on to one of the unix boxes we have at work. I want to use a software that is not installed on the server. What's better? to install it locally in my home folder and use it, or to ask the system admin to install it on the server? and what's the main difference? I asuume... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rachel Ross
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Installing software

Greetings, all. I'm a newcomer here, and I appreciate the forum to ask questions. Here is the situation: I am installing software on a network hard-drive (NAS), to add functionality to it. The OS is in a read-only flash partition. Someone else hacked the firmware to install Busybox on this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansen
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Erro in Installing OPENOFFICE SOFTWARE

Dear All I want to install openoffice on my redhat 5.1 linux os. open office folder is already extracted on Desktop. #cd Desktop/OOO310_m11_native_packed-2_en-US.9399 #./setup After run the setup command, i am getting the Error mentioned below.Please any body can help me. ERROR:- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Which Solaris 10 software group is installed?

Hey Forumers- I know how to tell which update of Solaris 10 is installed on my systems (/etc/release) but how can I determine which software group is installed? reduced network support software group (SUNWCrnet) core system support software group (SUNWCreq) end user system support... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Help installing WINE and other software

ive installed the open solaris 9 and i have downloaded wine but i dont have a clue how to install it ive unzipd the file but when i click it it just does nothing it opens but its just files im new to solaris i would realy like to know how to install and run programs like vlc player and things any... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: drdex
19 Replies

9. HP-UX

Trouble installing software with swinst

Hello. I am having issues with my HP-UX 10.20 system. It was a functioning system and I don't know where it went awry. Whenever I attempt to use the swinstall or swlist commands, the system hangs and never comes back. This happens whether I use the CDE GUI or via the SIO console. I sometimes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtraff68
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Installing software -going insane

I have Solaris 10 update 11 installed on a virtual machine which I use for my lunix class (I'm studying I.T. but have little unix experience). So I have root access* I'm also do C programming in my course and would love to do it on my Solaris machine. So I looked into installing GCC and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goformickey
5 Replies
Session::Oracle(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Session::Oracle(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Oracle - An implementation of Apache::Session SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Oracle; #if you want Apache::Session to open new DB handles: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:sessions', UserName => $db_user, Password => $db_pass, Commit => 1 }; #or, if your handles are already opened: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh, Commit => 1 }; DESCRIPTION
This module is an implementation of Apache::Session. It uses the Oracle backing store and no locking. See the example, and the documentation for Apache::Session::Store::Oracle for more details. USAGE
The special Apache::Session argument for this module is Commit. You MUST provide the Commit argument, which instructs this module to either commit the transaction when it is finished, or to simply do nothing. This feature is provided so that this module will not have adverse interactions with your local transaction policy, nor your local database handle caching policy. The argument is mandatory in order to make you think about this problem. This module also respects the LongReadLen argument, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not specified, the default maximum is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This module was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session::File, Apache::Session::Flex, Apache::Session::DB_File, Apache::Session::Postgres, Apache::Session perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Oracle(3)