Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sum of all lines in file without roundup with awk Post 302343391 by mario8eren on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 10:11:30 AM
Old 08-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin52
Code:
printf("%f\n",a)

For me it only solved half of the problem, because now the output file is like this:

Code:

Better then before Smilie .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the sum of all the lines in the file

Hi I have the following file, how I will calculate the sum of all the entries in the file. > cat abc 2 3 4 now the sum should be 2+3+4 = 9 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum value from selected lines script (awk,perl)

Hello. I face this (2 side) problem. Some lines with this structure. ........... 12345678 4 12345989 13 12346356 205 12346644 74 12346819 22 ......... The first field (timestamp) is growing (or at least equal). 1)Sum the second fields if the first_field/500 are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paolfili
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. It is slightly different from my previous question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers (but no more than 10 numbers in series) whenever i find it and produce an output file with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of 286th column using awk in a file

Hi, I am using the following code to find the sum of the values of column 286 in a file. It will have the Decimal values with the scale of 2. Delimiter is '|^' cut -d'|^' -f286 filename|cut -c3-| awk '{ x += $1 } END { printf("%.2f\n", x) }' There are around 50k records in this file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jram
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to sum column field from duplicate row/lines

Hello, I am new to Linux environment , I working on Linux script which should send auto email based on the specific condition from log file. Below is the sample log file Name m/c usage abc xxx 10 abc xxx 20 abc xxx 5 xyz ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file sum results

I ran this script: #!/bin/bash ./disk-usage-JM.pl > jm_out InFile="jm_out" OutFile="jm_temp" awk '{if (!match(" \t",substr($0,1,1))) {server=$0; next} if (substr($0,1,1)==" ") {workspace=$0; next} print server,workspace,$0}' \ $InFile >$OutFile rm jm_out against this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: master-of-puppe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum duplicate values in text file through awk between dates

I need to sum values in text file in case duplicate row are present with same name and different value below is example of data in file i have and format i need. Data in text file 20170308 PM,U,2 PM,U,113 PM,I,123 DA,U,135 DA,I,113 DA,I,1 20170309 PM,U,2 PM,U,1 PM,I,123 PM,I,1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file with sum of matching fields in another file

In the awk below I am trying to add a penalty to a score to each matching $1 in file2 based on the sum of $3+$4 (variable TL) from file1. Then the $4 value in file1 is divided by TL and multiplied by 100 (this valvue is variable S). Finally, $2 in file2 - S gives the updated $2 result in file2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to sum value of a column by range defined in another file awk?

I have two files, file1.table is the count table, and the other is the range condition file2.range. file1.table chr start end count N1 0 48 1 N1 48 181 2 N1 181 193 0 N1 193 326 2 N1 326 457 0 N1 457 471 1 N1 471 590 2 N1 590 604 1 N1 604 752 1 N1 752 875 1 file2.range... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
12 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)