Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Number of files - in start of year Post 302343245 by jlliagre on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 03:50:07 AM
Old 08-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Dragon
But ctime is the creation time.
It isn't unless the file has never be modified.
"ctime" is defined as the last status change time. The creation time is usually not recorded on typical Unix filesystems, ZFS being an exception.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append value(batch number) to start of records

Hi all, I am new to unix shell scripting and I am trying to append batch number that comes in Trailer record to the detailed record. TR|20080312|22881 |000000005|20080319|2202 LN|20080312|077777722220 |0000100000017|ABS LN|20080312|000799439326 |0000709943937|AA TR|20080313|22897 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_418
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

count the number of lines that start with the number

I have a file with contents similar to this. abcd 1234 4567 7666 jdjdjd 89289 9382 92 jksdj 9823 298 I want to write a shell script which count the number of lines that start with the number (disregard the lines starting with alphabets) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

start line numbering with arbitrary number?

Hi, I want to do the following: Extract some lines from different files and copy them into one file, with the first column being the line number. I do this with cat file1 file2 file3 |grep 'xxx' |nl > output.file Works fine. But if I want to add data of interest from a fourth file to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paracetamol
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The difference between end number in the early row and the start number in the next

Hi Power User, I'm trying to compute this kind of text file format: file1: jakarta 100 150 jakarta 170 210 beijing 220 250 beijing 260 280 beijing 290 320 new_york 330 350 new_york 370 420 tokyo 430 470 tokyo 480 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count number of files in directory and write to new file with number of files and their name?

Hi! I just want to count number of files in a directory, and write to new text file, with number of files and their name output should look like this,, assume that below one is a new file created by script Number of files in directory = 25 1. a.txt 2. abc.txt 3. asd.dat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the total number of weeks from a specify year?

Hi anyone can help? How to calculate total number of weeks from a specify date, for example, 01 Jan 2012. Thx! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayray2013
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files using year

Hi All, how can i delete files from my Unix directory on the basis of year, i have files from 2001 to till 2014, but from their, i have to delete only 2013 file.Below is my file name rwxrwxrwx 1 guopt users 5169 Jul 12 00:30 grt592_20130712003000.SAP Thanks Kki (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kki
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two year files

Hi All, I need to merge few files as belowABC_NYFWFX.txt ABC_NYFQTFX.txt ABC_NYFMAFX.txt ABC_NYFAVFX.txt ABC_CYFWFX.txt ABC_CYFQTFX.txt ABC_CYFMAFX.txt ABC_CYFAVFX.txt ABC_CYBWFX.txt ABC_NYFWFX.txt & ABC_CYFWFX.txt should be merged into a single file and name should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best way to increment weeks based on fiscal start year

Hi Folks - I'm looking for the best way to to increment fiscal weeks - allow me to explain. At my one client, 10/01/17 was the beginning if year fiscal year 2018. Each week, I need to manage a unique set of variable that are updated in my application - they are called substitution variables.... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
31 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start process on X number of files and then wait for the next batch

Thanks for RudiC for his extraordinary help on organizing files in a batch of 10 using below code. FL=($(ls)); for ((i=0;i<=${#FL};i++)); do for j in ${FL:$i:10}; do $batch ${j} ${j}.txt done; echo "Pausing for next iteration"; echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)