Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unqualified Host at boot
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unqualified Host at boot Post 302343160 by ltillman on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 01:50:55 AM
Old 08-12-2009
Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I can bring up the router in the browser and change settings, etc., but I get the 'connection refused...' whenever I try to start the browser on any website (it has Sun Microsystems as the default address, of course). I tried to ping the router address by itself but didn't include the port, so I will try that now.

I tried to ping the server address listed in my router from my cable provider but got "imcp unreachable..." even though it did include the name of the provider so it seemed like it did see something.

btw, I'm still getting the maill error at boot. Is that a clue? I can even access my XP pc and see my files so I know it's on my network... I just can't seem to get to the internet.

---------- Post updated 08-12-09 at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous update was 08-11-09 at 10:14 PM ----------

...it's arp (the suspect, that is... ) I keep seeing a broadcast of 192.168.1.255 which is out of my subnet range (go figure) and of course it's my Solaris box. Even though I sys-unconfigure'd and go in 115 which is within my range. This also explains (to me, at least) why I never can see my S-box listed in my Router client table. How do I turn that off?

Thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dmesg on a sun, unqualified host

Oct 22 01:01:47 sendmail: My unqualified host name unknown; sleeping for retry Oct 22 01:02:47 sendmail: unable to qualify my own domain name -- using short name how to resolve this error thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
11 Replies

3. Solaris

sendmail and unqualified addresses

I have a solaris 10 server running sendmail 8.13.8, configuration file V10. On another server I am able to send local emails without appending a domain name but on this server I cannot. The mail does not bounce, the log file says they are sent, but they are not delivered. There isn't a problem... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
10 Replies

4. Solaris

Unqualified host name

Hi All I am Having V890 Server with Solaris 10 OS.In Dmesg showing the sendmail error. This is the error: Jul 26 22:04:56 ORACLE sendmail: My unqualified host name (ORACLE) unknown; sleeping for retry Jul 26 22:05:56 ORACLE sendmail: unable to qualify my own domain name (ORACLE) -- using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigpb
5 Replies

5. Solaris

My unqualified host name

Hi experts . . . host name: prd47e Sunsolaris 9 version My mails are not going and am gettin regular messages like: * My unqualified host name (prd47e) unknown; sleeping for retry * unable to qualify my own domain name (prd47e) -- using short name my /etc/hosts file contnets are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrjalli
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

running commands to remote host from centralized host

Gurus/Experts We have a centralized UNIX/Solaris server from where we can actually ssh to all other UNIX/Solaris servers...I need to write a script that reside on this centerlized server and do FileSystem monitoring (basically run df -h or -k) of other remote servers and then send an email to me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum.suri
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! How to find the local host after few ssh hops to remote host???

I do a ssh to remote host(A1) from local host(L1). I then ssh to another remote(A2) from A1. When I do a who -m from A2, I see the "connected from" as "A1". => who -m userid pts/2 2010-03-27 08:47 (A1) I want to identify who is the local host who initiated the connection to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer large number of files host to host

Hello.... I have two servers, one has an empty / and the other has a subdirectory with a large number (4 gig) with many, many files. I need a way to transfer the files en masse from the server with the large number of files to the one that is essentially blank. I don't have space on the used... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
16 Replies

9. Solaris

Classic: sendmail[pid]: My unqualified host name (hostname) unknown

Hi all, I'd like to disable sendmail permanently on my "new" 220R with freshly installed SunOS 5.10 because it prints annoying messages to the system console. Also I'm interested in how to fix the actual problem with unqualified host name. My unqualified host name (hostname) unknown; sleeping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudocoder
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Need to recover/move diskgroup from failed host to another host

Hi All I am having VxVm on two Solaris hosts. host1 is using disk group dgHR. right now this server went down due to hardware fault. Not I need to import this dgHR into host2 server. Please let me know the procedure for the same. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies
ibtl(7D)							      Devices								  ibtl(7D)

NAME
ibtl - Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer DESCRIPTION
InfiniBand (IB) is an I/O technology based on switched fabrics. The Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer (IBTL) is a Solaris kernel misc mod- ule and adheres to the IB Architecture Version 1.1 specification and provides a transport layer abstraction to IB client drivers. IBTL implements the programming interfaces for the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework (IBTF), consisting of the IB Channel Interface (CI) and the IB Transport Interface (TI). The CI consists of Host Channel Adapters (HCAs) and HCA drivers. A host is attached to the IB fabric through the CI layer. The Solaris InfiniBand CI is Sun's API rendering of the InfiniBand Architecture (IBTA) "verbs" specification. The Solaris InfiniBand TI is the kernel service driver interface into the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework. It provides transport and communications setup programming interfaces for Unreliable Datagram (UD) and Reliable Connected (RC) transport types only. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibtl 32-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibtl 64-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibtl 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea, SUNWib | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ib(7D), ibcm(7D), ibdm(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 ibtl(7D)