Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl time format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl time format Post 302343087 by KevinADC on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 01:56:06 PM
Old 08-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pritish.sas
Hay guys,

I used time::local module. But i can't get my proper answer from this.

I want to extract two time for tomorrow start time and end time. In my code i just hard coded this. But it's not running for every day na. I need to create these time from any function or module.

my $TomStartDate = '2009-08-12 00:00:00';
my $TomEndDate = '2009-08-12 23:59:59';

Thanks in Advance
Extract two times from what? Please try and be more specific.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron time format

Hi, i would like to ask if this cron is valid. 40 3-6,8-23 * * * /my command i want my job to run every hour on the 40th minute except 740am. Is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

time format..

HI.. I have some files...when doing "ls -l" its like this.. -rwxr-xr-x 1 e2e e2e 747 Aug 30 15:18 abc.txt how can I get the number YYYYMMDD from this...( since I need to compare this number with some other value..) with the help of date/awk/sed/epoch or whatever u... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in time format

how to grep 30 mins from starting time of script let for example,script runs at 02:00am....i want to grep from 01.30 till 02:00 ------------------------------------------------------------------- how to achive this in a k-shell script ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch time format to normal date time format in the same file

I have a file named "suspected" with series of line like these : {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent KRPC', 'server': '219.78.120.166', 'client_port': 52044, 'client': '10.64.68.44', 'server_port': 8291, 'time': 1226506312L, 'serverhostname': ''} {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

time format

Hello Guys. I have copied the following from the time man pages time -f "%E real,%U user,%S sys" ls -Fs But I am getting -f: command not found Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdc2suxs
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module to convert xlsx format to xls format

Hi Folks, I have written a perl script that reads data from excel sheet(.xls) using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module. But the problem is this module doesn't work for excel sheets with extension .xlsx. I have gone through Spreadsheet::XLSX module with which we can read from .xlsx file directly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

DATE and TIME format help in HP-UX

Hello, I have date format as shown in red color below Fri, Sep 12, 2012 08:38:05 PM Can anyone help me with command to change this format to yyyy-mm-dd and HH:MM:SS Note: Time should be in 24 hours format I really appreciate your help!! Thanks, Elavarasan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elavarasan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Time diff in milli milliseconds(Time format : HH:MM:SS,NNN)

Hi All, I have one file which contains time for request and response. I want to calculate time difference in milliseconds for each line. This file can contain 10K lines. Sample file with 4 lines. for first line. Request Time: 15:23:45,255 Response Time: 15:23:45,258 Time diff... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
6 Replies
RRDp(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 RRDp(3pm)

NAME
RRDp - Attach RRDtool from within a perl script via a set of pipes; SYNOPSIS
use RRDp RRDp::start path to RRDtool executable RRDp::cmd rrdtool commandline $answer = RRD::read $status = RRD::end $RRDp::user, $RRDp::sys, $RRDp::real, $RRDp::error_mode, $RRDp::error DESCRIPTION
With this module you can safely communicate with the RRDtool. After every RRDp::cmd you have to issue an RRDp::read command to get RRDtools answer to your command. The answer is returned as a pointer, in order to speed things up. If the last command did not return any data, RRDp::read will return an undefined variable. If you import the PERFORMANCE variables into your namespace, you can access RRDtool's internal performance measurements. use RRDp Load the RRDp::pipe module. RRDp::start path to RRDtool executable start RRDtool. The argument must be the path to the RRDtool executable RRDp::cmd rrdtool commandline pass commands on to RRDtool. Check the RRDtool documentation for more info on the RRDtool commands. Note: Due to design limitations, RRDp::cmd does not support the "graph -" command - use "graphv -" instead. $answer = RRDp::read read RRDtool's response to your command. Note that the $answer variable will only contain a pointer to the returned data. The reason for this is, that RRDtool can potentially return quite excessive amounts of data and we don't want to copy this around in memory. So when you want to access the contents of $answer you have to use $$answer which dereferences the variable. $status = RRDp::end terminates RRDtool and returns RRDtool's status ... $RRDp::user, $RRDp::sys, $RRDp::real these variables will contain totals of the user time, system time and real time as seen by RRDtool. User time is the time RRDtool is running, System time is the time spend in system calls and real time is the total time RRDtool has been running. The difference between user + system and real is the time spent waiting for things like the hard disk and new input from the Perl script. $RRDp::error_mode and $RRDp::error If you set the variable $RRDp::error_mode to the value 'catch' before you run RRDp::read a potential ERROR message will not cause the program to abort but will be returned in this variable. If no error occurs the variable will be empty. $RRDp::error_mode = 'catch'; RRDp::cmd qw(info file.rrd); print $RRDp::error if $RRDp::error; EXAMPLE
use RRDp; RRDp::start "/usr/local/bin/rrdtool"; RRDp::cmd qw(create demo.rrd --step 100 DS:in:GAUGE:100:U:U RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:10); $answer = RRDp::read; print $$answer; ($usertime,$systemtime,$realtime) = ($RRDp::user,$RRDp::sys,$RRDp::real); SEE ALSO
For more information on how to use RRDtool, check the manpages. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-24 RRDp(3pm)