Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: su to account set to NL
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users su to account set to NL Post 302343026 by methyl on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 10:38:53 AM
Old 08-11-2009
Never heard of a "-N" parameter to "passwd". What Operating System are you using and what does "passwd -N" do?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Account to not lock account if password expires

I have access to 15+ UNIX boxes at work, and I do not consistently log onto all of them over time. When I do try to access one I havent been on in awhile, my account is locked as the password has expired. I need to request to the UNIX SA's that the password expiration is 90 days and that if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringzz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you set up an FTP user account?

1) How do you set up an FTP user account on a Solaris Unix box? Please show the steps (assuming I have root account access). 2) Where are the FTP user account information stored? For example: Unix user accouns are stored on /etc/passwd what about ftp user account where are they stored? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XZOR
3 Replies

3. Linux

Apply disk quota to account(dedicate 3 GB to account).

Hi , I am faceing lot of problem due to "disk space is not enough". senerio is like as, In system has 5 account. a,b,c,d,e say account c if very critical. Due to other user's data, user 'c' is faceing disk space issue. I want to dedicate 3 GB for user 'c'. No user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokd009
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Set Password Account to NP or NL

Hi Everyone, my name`s Sergio. I need your help please. I have a problem using Solaris 9. I create an account with the command line "useradd", with this I have no problem. My problem is I need set the created account to NP (No Password or Non Login). For example: cat /etc/shadow ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roswell
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Set account to NOT autounlock following login attempt failures

Well, my title pretty much says it. How do I "Set account to NOT autounlock following login attempt failures"? I've configured /etc/default/passwd to my organization's security policy but I have yet to work out how to set the account to stay locked after the user fails to authenticate a few times.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
2 Replies

6. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Simultaneously try to execute commands after connecting to remote account to one account

I have made password less connection to my remote account. and i tried to execute commands at a time. but i am unable to execute the commands. ssh $ACCOUNT_DETAILS@$HOST_DETAILS cd ~/JEE/*/logs/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishored005
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

What happens to your skype account if you close outlook.com email account?

Hello, Does anyone know what happens to your skype account if you close the outlook.com email account which are linked together? As you know they are both owned by Microsoft. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
0 Replies
mkpwdict(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      mkpwdict(1M)

NAME
mkpwdict - maintain password-strength checking database SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkpwdict [-s dict1,... ,dictN] [-d destination-path] DESCRIPTION
The mkpwdict command adds words to the dictionary-lookup database used by pam_authtok_check(5) and passwd(1). Files containing words to be added to the database can be specified on the command-line using the -s flag. These source files should have a single word per line, much like /usr/share/lib/dict/words. If -s is omitted, mkpwdict will use the value of DICTIONLIST specified in /etc/default/passwd (see passwd(1)). The database is created in the directory specified by the -d option. If this option is omitted, mkpwdict uses the value of DICTIONDBDIR specified in /etc/default/passwd (see passwd(1)). The default location is /var/passwd. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s Specifies a comma-separated list of files containing words to be added to the dictionary-lookup database. -d Specifies the target location of the dictionary-database. FILES
/etc/default/passwd See passwd(1). /var/passwd default destination directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), attributes(5), pam_authtok_check(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Jun 2004 mkpwdict(1M)