Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GCC install
Operating Systems Solaris GCC install Post 302342838 by Smiling Dragon on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 12:12:39 AM
Old 08-11-2009
Try /usr/ccs/bin/make
Or possibly /usr/xpg4/bin/make

If it still doesn't work, post the exact error and we can have another try Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

gcc install error

I download a gcc3.0.tar.gz file ,then tar it. Continue,I change current path to gcc3.0 and press ./configure The error appeared ,it is CC command not found . Please tell me What can I do to pass on. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fansings
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Can`t install gcc compiler

Hi, Installed the gcc compiler off the Solaris 9 Companion CD a while back , but needed to delete it due to disk space issues. Now that I have sorted out our root disk space I can`t reinstall the compiler. If I select all the packages off the Development/Languages menu , the install list... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Install GCC on Solaris 8

Hi, I tried to install apache web server on solaris 8 and was prompted that i do not have any valid compiler. I tried to install GCC on solaris 8 using the command #pkgadd -d gcc-2.95.2-sol17-sparc-local (hit enter). May I know how I should set the environment variables to make it work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagolo
1 Replies

4. AIX

The problem after install gcc on AIX 5.3

The problem after install gcc on AIX 5.3 I download 5 rpm packages from IBM AIX Toolbox Download Page - Alphabetical Listing and install them. rpm -ivh gcc-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh libgcc-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh libstdcplusplus-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zither
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Build and install GCC-3.2.3

Hi, I have problem to build the gcc-3.2.3. I downloaded the source code. Here is what I did. 1) cd /usr/local/src 2) tar zxf gcc-3.2.3.tar.gz 3) cd .. 4) mkdir gcc-3.2.3 5) cd gcc-3.2.3 6) ../src/gcc-3.2.3/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.2.3/ 7) make And I received the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beeloo
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to install gcc compiler on AIX?

I want to install gcc compiler on aix box. $uname -a AIX GTMIT 3 5 000000000000 Can any one help me installing gcc compiler(step by step)either by smit or rpm commands ? What is boot straping ? Its urgent .. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Install gcc with 750 permission

Hi All, I need gcc with permission 750, while installation itself. or how can i change the permission without using chmod command. My requirement is User and Group only use the gcc. since i am having ldap users. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
1 Replies

8. SuSE

Can't compile or install GCC

Hi all! I have posted in the Shell Programming Scripting Forum for a problem with the use of shc and so on... You can read it complete here: shell-programming-scripting/148510-problems-using-shc.html I think the problem is: that there aren't compiler installed on the SuSe 10.2 server,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magius
4 Replies

9. AIX

Unable to install gcc in AIX 5.3

Hello... I have downloaded RPM for gcc in a directly where I tried installing using rpm but it says the following /oracle/dB>rpm -iv gcc-4.2.0-3.aix5.3.ppc.rpm failed to open /var/opt/freeware/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: Permission denied error: cannot open... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
4 Replies

10. AIX

Problems to install gcc 7.2 on AIX 7.2

We need gcc 7.2 on AIX 7.2 and so I tried to install the rpm package from IBM (<https://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/aix/linux/toolbox/alpha.html>) The steps were as follows (I downloaded all packages from the given IBM toolbox page): # :-)rpm -ihv gcc-7.2.0-1.aix7.2.ppc.rpm error:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuSchu
2 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)