Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: growfs failed
Operating Systems Solaris growfs failed Post 302342806 by Smiling Dragon on Monday 10th of August 2009 08:27:52 PM
Old 08-10-2009
Please run a "mount | grep '/var'" to see what options it's currently got set.
Instead of unmounting and mounting again to pick up new options, you can usually get away with a remount (mount -oremount /var).

That said, I was pretty sure (ie I don't actually know for certain) you can growfs with logging still turned on so that's an odd error you have.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dlopen failed!

I can open my so file successfully by calling dlopen directly in my main function. But if I fork a child process, and call dlopen in child process, it failed! I don't know why. Following is my code: #include <stdio.h> #include <errno.h> #include <dlfcn.h> void childFunc(void) { void... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virmin
1 Replies

2. Solaris

growfs questions

I have a pretty old Sun box (Ultra2 to be specific) with an A1000 storage attached. It's running Solaris 2.6 and has DiskSuite 4.2 installed. There's a filesystem that's almost out of disk space, and I have a free LUN on the A1000 that I can use to expand it by creating a concatenation. I've never... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GKnight
2 Replies

3. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok. I've have looked and failed.

What I want seems to me should be simple but so am I so.... I have a Unix server that is running a program we will say logged in as UserA. The program is outputting a bunch of stuff to the terminal. I would like to log in from my machine to the server as Either UserA, UserB or if needed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dishevel
2 Replies

5. Solaris

GROWFS in solaris

Hi Gurus Im workin in solaris platform..Actually i just want to kno the procedure that is followed before growing a file system using growfs command.V are having SAP installed in our server and its in cluster..v logged into our storage and created volumes now v need to map the luns and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP failed

Hi All, We are using the following step to place a file in server using FTP STEP_EXECUTE STEP090 /usr/pjc/bin/FTP -i DATASET FTPIN $sic/ctl/ftpsic.ctl DISP=OLD,KEEP,KEEP STEP_END If we run this step we are getting the error. ftp> open arg.mnd.appsc.com Connected to arg.mnd.appsc.com.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarkona
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Second try mput failed

I'm having few doubts with below questions not able figure out the reason: mput operation used via shell script failed with 550 code return from FTP - "Overwrite cannot be done". ( Having all permissions to this directory ) but why got failed. When trying to run the script again but now it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
3 Replies

9. Fedora

Rsync failed

I was backing up a home directory and had rsync fail on me. I noticed that it was trying to copy a large file (over 4.2 gigs). That made me wonder if the code is 32 bit and failed on the 2 ^32 (max size issue) The code which I invoked is as follows: rsync -aPH... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertdaleweir
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Failed to su to user

I am unable to su to functional user, though changed the soft-hard limit for open files in limits.conf. The following command did not help.ulimit -n <value>While su to user, the error I am getting is -su: cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailableWhether I need to restart the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-REMOUNT-FS.SERVICE(8)				    systemd-remount-fs.service				     SYSTEMD-REMOUNT-FS.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-remount-fs.service, systemd-remount-fs - Remount root and kernel file systems SYNOPSIS
systemd-remount-fs.service /lib/systemd/systemd-remount-fs DESCRIPTION
systemd-remount-fs.service is an early boot service that applies mount options listed in fstab(5) to the root file system, the /usr file system, and the kernel API file systems. This is required so that the mount options of these file systems -- which are pre-mounted by the kernel, the initial RAM disk, container environments or system manager code -- are updated to those listed in /etc/fstab. This service ignores normal file systems and only changes the root file system (i.e. /), /usr and the virtual kernel API file systems such as /proc, /sys or /dev. This service executes no operation if /etc/fstab does not exist or lists no entries for the mentioned file systems. For a longer discussion of kernel API file systems see API File Systems[1]. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fstab(5), mount(8) NOTES
1. API File Systems https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/APIFileSystems systemd 237 SYSTEMD-REMOUNT-FS.SERVICE(8)