Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ascii code
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ascii code Post 302342794 by Leppie on Monday 10th of August 2009 06:51:05 PM
Old 08-10-2009
in Word check the font type, then search in character map under the corresponding font for this character.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ascii for EOF ???

Could someone please post the ascii code for End Of File Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: strpeski
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ascii

a silly question but is there a way to display individual ascii values say if i type 65 it will display the letter instead? thanks fo any help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melkor
3 Replies

3. Linux

source code ASCII to HEx

Is there are any source code in ANSI C to convert ASCII to Hexa decimal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

code ASCII for Caracter -->> '

I'm a question: the expresiion 'expr $a +1' use the caracter --> ' (is not shift+ ? !!!) what is the code ascii for generate this caracter ?????? tank's (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ascii values into ascii characters

Hi gurus, I have a file in unix with ascii values. I need to convert all the ascii values in the file to ascii characters. File contains nearly 20000 records with ascii values. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeeppvk
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion from ASCII to binary for physical simulation code in C/C++

Good evening, everybody A good math friend told me that it would be possible to shrink the size of the numerical datas I produce with a physical simulation code I programmed for my PhD. It usually writes at least 100 GB to complete the simulation, and it seems that it is too high. There are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cybertib
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort -t option causing code to fail need ASCII character

Hello, When I run this UNIX code without the -t option it gives me the desired results. The code keeps the record with the greatest datetime based on the key columns. I sort it first then sort it again with the -u option, that's it. I need to have a variable to specify an ASCII character... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - binary data to ascii code

Hello, With bash-script (ubunto server) I'm trying to read a binary file and, for each character, give back its ascii code (including extended ascii). For example: HEX => ASCII => PRINT f5 => 245 => õ 50 => 80 => P To load the binary file into a variable I tried in this way: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: math4
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Creating data delimited by ASCII code 1

<Any suggestion how to create a file where the values are separated by ASCII code 1,with data extracted from a table using shell script The format is :/> <columnname1(binary1)columnvalue(binary1)columnname2(binary1)columnvalue(binary1)columnname3(binary1)columnvalue... 1st row/>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dasun
6 Replies
PDF::API2::Resource::BaseFont(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			PDF::API2::Resource::BaseFont(3pm)

NAME
PDF::API2::Resource::BaseFont - base font class METHODS
$font = PDF::API2::Resource::BaseFont->new $pdf, $name Returns a font resource object. $font = PDF::API2::Resource::BaseFont->new_api $api, $name Returns a font resource object. This method is different from 'new' that it needs an PDF::API2-object rather than a Text::PDF::File-object. $descriptor = $font->descrByData() Returns the fonts FontDescriptor key-structure based on the fonts data. FONT-MANAGEMENT RELATED METHODS $name = $font->fontname() Returns the fonts name (aka. display-name). $name = $font->altname() Returns the fonts alternative-name (aka. windows-name for a postscript font). $name = $font->subname() Returns the fonts subname (aka. font-variant, schriftschnitt). $name = $font->apiname() Returns the fonts name to be used internally (should be equal to $font->name). $issymbol = $font->issymbol() Returns the fonts symbol flag. $iscff = $font->iscff() Returns the fonts compact-font-format flag. TYPOGRAPHY RELATED METHODS
($llx, $lly, $urx, $ury) = $font->fontbbox() Returns the fonts bounding-box. $capheight = $font->capheight() Returns the fonts capheight value. $xheight = $font->xheight() Returns the fonts xheight value. $missingwidth = $font->missingwidth() Returns the fonts missingwidth value. $maxwidth = $font->maxwidth() Returns the fonts maxwidth value. $avgwidth = $font->avgwidth() Returns the fonts avgwidth value. $flags = $font->flags() Returns the fonts flags value. $stemv = $font->stemv() Returns the fonts stemv value. $stemh = $font->stemh() Returns the fonts stemh value. $italicangle = $font->italicangle() Returns the fonts italicangle value. $isfixedpitch = $font->isfixedpitch() Returns the fonts isfixedpitch flag. $underlineposition = $font->underlineposition() Returns the fonts underlineposition value. $underlinethickness = $font->underlinethickness() Returns the fonts underlinethickness value. $ascender = $font->ascender() Returns the fonts ascender value. $descender = $font->descender() Returns the fonts descender value. GLYPH RELATED METHODS
@names = $font->glyphNames() Returns the defined glyph-names of the font. $glNum = $font->glyphNum() Returns the number of defined glyph-names of the font. $uni = $font->uniByGlyph $char Returns the unicode by glyph-name. $uni = $font->uniByEnc $char Returns the unicode by the fonts encoding map. $uni = $font->uniByMap $char Returns the unicode by the fonts default map. $char = $font->encByGlyph $glyph Returns the character by the given glyph-name of the fonts encoding map. $char = $font->encByUni $uni Returns the character by the given unicode of the fonts encoding map. $char = $font->mapByGlyph $glyph Returns the character by the given glyph-name of the fonts default map. $char = $font->mapByUni $uni Returns the character by the given unicode of the fonts default map. $name = $font->glyphByUni $unicode Returns the glyphs name by the fonts unicode map. BEWARE: non-standard glyph-names are mapped onto the ms-symbol area(0xF000). $name = $font->glyphByEnc $char Returns the glyphs name by the fonts encoding map. $name = $font->glyphByMap $char Returns the glyphs name by the fonts default map. $width = $font->wxByGlyph $glyph Returns the glyphs width. $width = $font->wxByUni $uni Returns the unicodes width. $width = $font->wxByEnc $char Returns the characters width based on the current encoding. $width = $font->wxByMap $char Returns the characters width based on the fonts default encoding. $wd = $font->width $text Returns the width of $text as if it were at size 1. BEWARE: works only correctly if a proper perl-string is used either in native or utf8 format (check utf8-flag). @widths = $font->width_array $text Returns the widths of the words in $text as if they were at size 1. STRING METHODS
$utf8string = $font->utfByStr $string Returns the utf8-string from string based on the fonts encoding map. $string = $font->strByUtf $utf8string Returns the encoded string from utf8-string based on the fonts encoding map. $pdfstring = $font->textByStr $text Returns a properly formatted representation of $text for use in the PDF. AUTHOR
Alfred Reibenschuh. perl v5.14.2 2014-03-09 PDF::API2::Resource::BaseFont(3pm)