Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers send output of a file as input for changing date Post 302342782 by jim mcnamara on Monday 10th of August 2009 06:11:06 PM
Old 08-10-2009
First off, do you have GNU date - (are you on Linux for example)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Changing stdin from file redirection to console input

Hi I am doing file redirection at console for use by my binary. %console%> bin &lt inputfile After reading in the entire file, I want my program to continue taking input from the console. So essentially I want to redirect stdin back to console. But I cant figure out how to do it. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nauman
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying a file without changing date stamp.

Hi, I am using the below copy command, to copy the file sbn to sbn1, cp sbn sbn1 but its changing the date stamp of file sbn1, but i dont want to change the date stamp of sbn1. Could you please help me out in this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivanete
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send output of grep as input of kill command

I would appreciate any help. I need to run 'ps -ef | grep 'process', get the process id and kill that process. I have got this far: - Get pid using ps -ef | awk '/process/{ print $2}' after this I'm kind of stuck.. - Use pipe to redirect the output to kill pid=ps -ef | awk '/bmserver/{... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: foxtron
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files by reading a input file and changing the contents

Being new to this area .I have been assigned a task which i am unable to do . Can any one please help me . Hi I have requirement where i have input file XYZ_111_999_YYYYMMDD_1.TXT and with header and series of Numbers and Footer. I want to create a mutiple output files with each file having a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavkr
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help changing date output with AWK

Hello all, I have an issue where I'm trying to change a date in a csv text file. The file contains lines that have several fields. For example "John", "Smith","some_address","some_city","555-555-5555","11/11/1972" "Joan","User","some_address","some_city","444-444-4444","12/02/1963" The date... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: commobox
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

accepting input then send to file

basically im trying to promt the user to create a name for a file then send the file name to a file with the list of the file names he has created. Also i want to code if the user doesnt enter any text to just print "Default Folder" so far my code looks like: if then echo "create `$1`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bravens52
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing date to resemble "messages file" date

the following was taken from a perl script: my $date = strftime "%B %d %H:%M:%S", localtime; how can i modify it so this date outputs the date in the form of the date of the messages file. for example: Sep 20 11:48:44 As it is right now, the perl script outputs the date like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter file with changing date

Hi, I have a trigger file which looks like this abcdefgh_YYYYMMDD.trg The YYYYMMDD is the year, month and the date. So for example today the trigger file would be abcdefgh_20130703.trg similarly tomorrow it would be abcdefgh_20130704.trg I need to write a script to check if the trigger file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halfafringe
2 Replies
DATETIME.ADD(3) 							 1							   DATETIME.ADD(3)

DateTime::add - Adds an amount of days, months, years, hours, minutes and seconds to a DateTime object

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::add (DateInterval $interval) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_add (DateTime $object, DateInterval $interval) Adds the specified DateInterval object to the specified DateTime object. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $interval - A DateInterval object RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.add(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); $date->add(new DateInterval('P10D')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2000-01-01'); date_add($date, date_interval_create_from_date_string('10 days')); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d'); ?> The above examples will output: 2000-01-11 Example #2 Further DateTime.add(3) examples <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); $date->add(new DateInterval('PT10H30S')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); $date->add(new DateInterval('P7Y5M4DT4H3M2S')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:s') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2000-01-01 10:00:30 2007-06-05 04:03:02 Example #3 Beware when adding months <?php $date = new DateTime('2000-12-31'); $interval = new DateInterval('P1M'); $date->add($interval); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->add($interval); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2001-01-31 2001-03-03 NOTES
DateTime.modify(3) is an alternative when using PHP 5.2. SEE ALSO
DateTime.sub(3), DateTime.diff(3), DateTime.modify(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.ADD(3)