Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Script does not execute properly Post 302342773 by Leppie on Monday 10th of August 2009 05:44:34 PM
Old 08-10-2009
is the following a typo in this forum, or is this the code as you wrote it?
Code:
while test $num ! =q

there's an inversion (of nothing really) followed by the equal to operator.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not processing if statement properly

Hi I am trying to create a shell script that will look for a contracthead file first and if the contract head file does not exist on day1 exit script. Now on day2 if contracthead exists or not run the script uploading files in order such as contract line then contract contact so the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathan184
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script not running properly

I created a script before which was this :- cd /mike/dataxfer for dir in *; do if ; then ssh -l abc nissan "mkdir -p /mike/web/$dir" scp -r ${dir}/priceops nissan:mike/web/${dir}/ fi done exit 0 This script worked fine for me with no problem. It will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1234
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr not outputting properly.. bsd sh script

When i run sh -x test.sh, expr outputs x=expr $x + 1 instead of doing the arithmetic.. been working on this overnight.. and its being a pain in the arse if you ask me.. :confused::confused: #!/bin/sh #script for downloading numerical filenames chap=1 p=1 count=0 x=1 while do if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspect_p
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron does not execute script properly

I have a simple script that checks for certain printers and records them to a file. When I run the script manually at the command prompt, it works perfect, but when I run the script via cron, nothing happens. No errors reported, and no records are written out. I'm using Solaris 10. Below is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmatlebyane
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script doesnt work properly when crontab

Hi, I have a script which does a tar and sends it to another server as backup. Script is as below # Locations to be backed up. Seperate by space BACKUP_LOCATIONS=/repos/subversion BACKUP_BASE_FOLDER=/bakpool BACKUP_FILE_NAME_ROOT=svn-backup START_TIME_DISP=`date` START_TIME=`date... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalrg
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not running properly when run from Crontab

Hi I am a novice Linux/Perl user and am struggling to overcome what I am sure is a simple problem. I am using a perl program to create a shell script daily containing between 10 and 30 "at -f" commands for the same day. Then I change the file attributes to allow the file to be executed. When... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simoncjones
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script line not working properly

Hi , I am using the below command in script. $_IDLETIME is returning value if i execute the script manually. sar > $_LOCATION/sar.txt _IDLETIME=`tail -2 $_LOCATION/sar.txt | head -1 | tr -s ' ' ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f8 | cut -d '.' -f1`; if But it s not returning any value if it put the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not working properly

Hello, i have below shell script to process ftp get from server and create file list afte finish. this shell scipt has 6 parameter input. unfortunately, it is only working to get the file and terminated before creating file list. please help. thanks, #!/bin/ksh ## example usage :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daryatmo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script does not run properly

Hello everybody Im learning bash scrpting language and im making a script that read a file line by line and it does a comparison if in a line start with a letter or number and it will delete every ones that start with a letter. But im getting some errors First of all, this is the script's... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienrunes
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File count script not working properly

Hi Experts, I have this script to count the number of files based on prefix and suffix values. #!/bin/ksh file_date=$1 prefix=$2 suffix=$3 file_count=$(ls -l /db/day_file/{$prefix}*${file_date}*{$suffix}) The files in the directory /db/day_file are as below. 20170501 20170501... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalu
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)